Carl Jung and the Collective Unconscious,,Myths and Archetypes.

by frankiespeakin 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hang on a minute. There are many things which seem to be coincidences and are statistically to be expected, but what hippie told us what beyond that.

Two people have the same "feeling" at the same time to go somewhere to meet the other, who they haven't seen for 20 years? Both act upon that feeling? (IMO, that is one of the most amazing things about that story, that neither of them shoved the thought aside, and that they were even moved to write to each other after the event). THAT is not statistically likely AT ALL.

I think that one day scientists will admit what is plain for all to see; there is some form of communication between minds and we don't quite understand it yet. This communication can travel across the globe in seconds without any equipment apart from your brain.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Oh and while we're on the subject of how insightful Jung was, you might be interested to hear that he got his inspiration from spirits who he claimed visited him to reveal such things.

Sirona

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Pschoanalysis can mess with a persons' mind to be sure, and anyone immersed in the occult may likely begin to interpret events thru that lens, but I understand Jung spoke of his "Spirit" guide as a personificatiuon of his subconscious not an actual entity fromt he spirit world.

"Philemon and other figures of my fantasies brought home to me the crucial insight that there are things in the psyche which I do not produce, but which produce themselves and have their own life. Philemon represented a force which was not myself. In my fantasies I held conversations with him, and he said things which I had not consciously thought. For I observed clearly that it was he who spoke, not I. . . . Psychologically, Philemon represented superior insight. He was a mysterious figure to me. At times he seemed to me quite real, as if he were a living personality. I went walking up and down the garden with him, and to me he was what the Indians call a guru . 8"

• Satanus
    Satanus

Which would be the best jung book on this subject, the one on dreams?

SS

• logansrun
    logansrun

Jung had some good ideas. Too bad they come with a heavy dollop of bullshit.

B.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Pete

Pschoanalysis can mess with a persons' mind to be sure, and anyone immersed in the occult may likely begin to interpret events thru that lens, but I understand Jung spoke of his "Spirit" guide as a personificatiuon of his subconscious not an actual entity fromt he spirit world.

I have bolded the bit about people immersed in the occult. First question: do you know what the occult is? Second question, do you not approve of such activity?

Do you assume that I think the spirit was external to Jung? I accept fully the possibility that some "entities" we encounter are actually self-made - a reflection of our own subconscious. I also believe in the existence of other types of entity.

You appear to be judging what I said from the standpoint of "you will think that because you're involved in the occult" as though the occult is something to be totally avoided because its marring my judgement. Not so.

Sirona

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Synchronicity stories are great. Anyone have any more from their own experience?

• logansrun
    logansrun

You know, modern psychology has progressed quite a bit from the extremely speculative ideas of Freud and Jung.

B.

• Octavia
    Octavia

I guess my story isn't so much syncronisity... maybe a self-fulfilling prophecy? Anyway, from the time I was a child, I've know the names, sexes and birth order of my children. I've always known that I would have two children, so when my son was born and I was writing in his baby book, I told him. You will someday have a sister and her name will be Ambrosia. Well, several years later (during my tweek phase) I fell head over heels madly in love with a man I had only seen in my dreams. I discovered he was someone in my "circle of friends", friend of a friend to be precise. I had been studying my natal chart to determine who my perfect mate would be and had already ascertained that I would be most compatible with a Libran male. Of course, I wasn't surprised to learn that the man in my dreams was a Libran... I'm pretty used to that kind of thing. The thing that really stumped me, though, was before he was even my boyfriend or anything, I asked him one evening "If you had a daughter, what would you name her?" To my shock he said "Ambrosia" without a moment of hesitation. Of course, my daughter was conceived just a few short months later!

• rem
    rem

Sirona,

::Two people have the same "feeling" at the same time to go somewhere to meet the other, who they haven't seen for 20 years? Both act upon that feeling? (IMO, that is one of the most amazing things about that story, that neither of them shoved the thought aside, and that they were even moved to write to each other after the event). THAT is not statistically likely AT ALL.

You would have to be able to accurately calculate the odds of such occurances happening to make such a claim.

People have "feelings" about other people all of the time. Usually the feelings are forgotten, but it is statistically inevitable that out of billions of people and hundreds of billions of relationships that two people will have "feelings" about one another at the same time. In fact, it probably happens more often then we realize - we only find it amazing when both parties act on their feelings at the same time.

Plus people tend to exagerate amazing stories such as these for dramatic effect. It's wise to take such stories with a grain of salt. Sure there is probably much truth to the core, but people can't help exagerating... It's human nature. We are story telling animals.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit