Favorite Scripture? Here's mine...

by confusedjw 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Carmel
    Carmel

now dam it six, you gonna make me drag out the bible to check that one out??

crap

• bebu
    bebu

Whom have I in the heavens but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

Psalm 73:25

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Revelation 17

And he carried me away in [the power of the] spirit into a wilderness. And I caught sight of a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and was adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls and had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her fornication. 5 And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: "Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth." 6 And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus

Witnesses of Who????

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Ephesians 6:4

And you, fathers, do not be irritating your children.

Lisa

• starfish422
    starfish422

My favourite one that often comes to mind when I'm participating in a particularly frustrating discussion online, is Matthew 7:6.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I had developed a nemonic lock that enabled me to memorize over 2,000 Bible texts.My endeavor was to be able to wield the word of God alive,for the betterment of my life and to aid others toward the truth. The JW's got wicked Jealous.Out of 2,000, the text below is sublime. My all time Favorite Bible passage:
    Matthew 12
    36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." My name is Daniel which means,"God is my Judge". So be it....,Amen come and Judge me Lord Jesus!

• Ciara
    Ciara

I know...It's a JW cliche, but I still love Revelation 21:4.

At least now I understand it properly.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I whisper of think the words to this one several times a day. The words may not be exact to what scripture says in the various translations but the meaning is the same

The Lord is My Shepard, I shall lack nothing

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters - Her restores my soul

He leads me on the path of righeousness for his name's sake

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me

Your Rod and Your Staff they Comfort Me

You Prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies,

You annoint my head with Oil

My Cup Runneth Over

Surely Goodness and Love Will Follow me all the days of my Life

And I will dwell in the House of the Lord Forever

Psalms 23

• Corvin
    Corvin

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but something about "better a dish of peas where there is peace than a feast where there is turmoil . . ."

• Nina
    Nina

Mtth. 6: 33, 34

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit