Favorite Scripture? Here's mine...

by confusedjw 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Do you have a favorite scripture?

Mine is Ecc 7:3 "Better is vexation than laughter, for by the crossness of the face the heart becomes better."

Ever realize you are a certain way and it just makes your face cringe? I think that this scripture helps put those moments in perspective, because you now know what you can do to be a better person. Rather than resenting those moments in life they can become events of self betterment.

What's yours?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mine is also by Solomon -- I think it's in Ecclesiastes somewhere too.

"I've seen nothing better than that a man should SEE GOOD for all his hard work."

• Atilla
    Atilla

Ok, not my favorite but about the only one I can remember because it was pounded into my head so many times-Ps. 83:18 To this day, when I'm traveling or when I run across a Bible, I still look up that scripture to see if "god's Name is there." I know, I'm such a loser.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Psalms 126 :2 "Our mouths were filled with laughter ,our tongues with songs of joy.Then it was said among the nations" The LORD has done great things for us",& we are filled with joy( because we have all been released from bondage)

Then of course verse 5 is for me directly I THINK>>> ( losing my hubby, 3kids)

Psalms 126:5 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy,Many of you dont believe I know!!! & I dont wish to offend you, BUT I still believe what I carry as seed,LOVE!!!!! Will give me the strength to endure this very difficult world !!!!! My 2 cents thats all.

• startingover
    startingover

As quoted by my mentor, a self acknowledged disseminator of holy writ:

Matt: 19:24 "It's easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to get money from heaven."

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Proverbs 2:10-12.

• Valis
    Valis

Jeremiah 25:27-28

Luke 9:49

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

Do not forget to entertain strangers for by doing so some have entertained angels unaware

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Jeremiah 44:17-18" But we will do everything that we have vowed, burn incense to the queen of heaven, and pour out libations to her, as we did, both we and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, for then we had plenty of food, and prospered, and saw no evil. But since we left off burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out libations to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine."

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

fascinating gaiagirl. I wonder if this is a reference to the Asherah (sp?) worship of Isreal?

I just get a kick out of the ignored-by-the-WT-society-hence-I-missed-it-most-of-my-life scripture found at Ezekial 23:20 were in so many words, God says, "size matters", lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit