Ray Franz

by oscar 24 Replies latest jw friends

• oscar
    oscar

Hello everybody I was just wondering if anybody knows how Raymond Franz is doing or how he is continuing his life outside of the org.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steady on! First posts are usually less demanding, but to answer the question, I'd suggest you write and ask him.

Ozzie

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Seems to me I talked with him about six months or so ago. I asked him how he was doing and we talked about our ages. (I'm in my forties). Then Ray said, " Your forties are the old age of your youth, and your fifties are the youth of your old age". Very wise indeed.

• Celia
    Celia

Welcome Oscar :

Ray Franz has been doing very well outside of the org. Have you read his books ? Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom. You can order them here :

http://www.commentarypress.com/

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

"Ray Franz has been doing very well outside of the org. Have you read his books ? Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom."

I'd like to read these but I cannot easily order them - I'm a teacher working in China.

But can anyone tell me, is Ray trying to do anything to expose the internal hypocrisy of the WTBS?

Jonty

• Celia
    Celia
    is Ray trying to do anything to expose the internal hypocrisy of the WTBS?

His books do that, just by explaining how things work inside Brooklyn and the organization.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    is Ray trying to do anything to expose the internal hypocrisy of the WTBS?

That's what the books are about!

It's a shame you can't access them from China. Could you order them from a USA address and have them mailed to you? Just a thought.

Cheers, Ozzie

• oscar
    oscar

Yes Steve those are indeed wise words from Ray Franz regarding age, I have read both of his books and I must say that they were great in exposing the org. and I have so much respect for him in that after doing so much time and duty with the org. he was able to leave and write two fantastic books that have helped so many people.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Man, I read Crisis of Conscience in like three days. Couldn't put it down. It's a must read for former JW's.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steve,

ISOCF is a must read too! He helpsyou appraise the dub doctrines and leads you through them. Fascinating!

BTW a recent addition to the exDub library is "The Four Presidenst of the Watch Tower Society" edited by Edmund Glass. Get it from Freeminds.

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit