Running On AutoPilot is the Borg's Achilles Heel

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Hello my dear friend Worf!!

So glad to see your name again and participation. It's simply wonderful!

Tell me, have you downloaded "yahoo messenger" yet? It's got a voice chat feature; need a mic, of course. It would be great to chat and it would save money on the phone bill. Although, don't you dare stop calling! (haha)

And Met and Lee, same invite goes out to you.

Love, skally/ "wturls"/wtURLs on yahoo ("TheNakedApostate" klass in itself)

• AlanF
    AlanF

Howdy, Worf! Good to 'see' you again.

Maximus, that's interesting about Szygmunt writing an article by that title. In 1972 (rev. 1975) Edmund Gruss published an excellent book that that title. He predicted correctly that the 1975 thing would fizzle. He quoted some nice passages written by a couple of English ex-JWs who quit around 1967 and wrote a book predicting that the then-new 1975 prediction would fizzle.

AlanF

• Maximus
    Maximus

Thanks for the info, which I'll follow up. Love Ed Gruss. BTW it's EdmOnd.

He produced a meticulously documented piece called Jehovah's Witnesses and the Worship of Jesus--Is It Proper to Worship Jesus?

In it he points out that what most JWs don't know is that for more than sixty years Charles Taze Russell and Judge Rutherford taught the worship of Jehovah God AND Jesus Christ, a belief that continued to be expressed after Rutherford's death.

The kicker is that in 1944 the Watch Tower Society's (Big Momma corp) charter was amended and Article II states that one of the purposes of the Society was for "public Christian worship of Almighty God and
    Christ Jesus." (!)

After changing the doctrine in 1954, by prohibiting the worship of Jesus, efforts were made to hid this portion of the charter when it was cited in Watch Tower publications.

Hope you will run down the Zygmunt reference. Would be very interesting to compare his predictions.

Maximus

• worf
    worf

Hey Maximus, I'm eager to see your follow-up e-mails.Really want to hear some more details.Don't know why they,ve bounced.I'll E you my E-mail addresses again.And thanks for that information in your post.I want to read that.
    Hey AF its good to hear from you also.Thanks for the greeting.
    Hey Scally,good to hear from you too.Will be in touch with all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit