Identity Cards ... good or bad idea?

by Simon 44 Replies latest social current

• TD
    TD

Spain and the USA both have identity cards and they have had big terrorist attacks.

We do? Hmmmm. [Searching wallet] I seem to have a problem here........I've got my driver's license, a blood donor ID card and a couple of credit cards, my Social Security card has been lost for over 20 years. ---I'm going to be in deep when an officer wants to see my identity card.........

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Your Social Security card is your identity card. That is the number given to you at birth and stays with you your entire life. You can not change the number. Not legally.

• TD
    TD

plmkrzy,

(Hi btw) In many ways the SSN does identify us from cradle to grave as the saying goes, but we don't have to carry it with us at all, certainly not for such mundane things as driving a car. We are never asked to show it to law enforcement as a medium of identification ---hell, we don't even have to show it to vote. It doesn't seem comparable to the proposed UK ID card, at least not to me.

Tom

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    (Hi btw) In many ways the SSN does identify us from cradle to grave as the saying goes

aint that the truth I'm still recovering from the foreclosure of a 300,000 mortgage I never knew I had. It has cost me lots to fight it and finally get it removed from my record. Because someone used my ssn and became me long enough to put me in debt over my head. How would you like to apply for a home loan and find out you already bought one!

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

a thought: I wasn't raised in the "troof", but the identity card idea leaves me "still concerned". In Tejas we have a bumper sticker (poor white trash that we are) that says "POLITICIANS PREFER UN-ARMED PEASANTS".. kimberlee d.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit