Identity Cards ... good or bad idea?

by Simon 44 Replies latest social current

• logical
    logical

Here are the issues

We are not free as long as the government, and other corporations, can track our every move.

They know what you buy from supermarket's with the Reward Cards or if you pay by Credit / Debit card. They know where you travel to if you use the new bus passes. They can track our movements with mobile phones, they can monitor our calls, read our text messages, even see our phone books. They can see into our PC's. BLUETOOTH IS DANGEROUS. They claim this is to save us from terrorism?

IT IS WRONG. There are millions of people in this country, and a few, a VERY small minority, that are a real danger. Its like at school when the teacher kept back the entire class because one idiot misbehaved. It was unfair, punishing everyone for the crime of one.

Our very basic rights to privacy and freedom are being trampled all over. And those who oppose it will be labelled rebels and dealt with. If you refuse the new ID's you will be screwed. Lets see shall we? If they are mandatory, the price you pay for refusing will be being classed as a terrorist. And you know what that means... imprisonment with no trial or rights. Treated like shit and not a human being. Doesnt matter if you are innocent or guilty, they can do what the fuck they want to you.

Think I am over reacting? Just wait and see...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Our social security cards/identity cards don't even have our photo on them. Idenity thieft is big business in the US. BIG BUSINESS!

Kids in the city steal purses and wallets for identity cards more so then money. They can sell the cards for $$$$

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

face it we're all going to be stamped on our foreheads with the mark of the beast when the cards are abolished anyway so don't sweat it.

• Simon
    Simon

Can someone please tell me how having ID cards will prevent terrorism?

"Ach, Abdul ... you are not carrying your ID card so we cannot possibly set the timer on this bomb"

Compare this with the very real danger of governments using ID cards to track and even round up people it dislikes. Don't believe me? Look at the countries that have them and they have traditionally been very strict, authoritarian regimes (Russia, China ... USA *).

Imagine what Nazi Germany would bave done had they been able to identify Jews much more easily ?!

* I can't resist winding a certain few people up to see when run off with their arms flapping

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

We're Leaving Town With Thr Grandparents Today So I Have No Time To Comment But..... Have You All Seen This Companies Products?http://www.empirenorth.dk

- ID SNIPER TM -

The ID SNIPER TM rifle designed by EMPIRE NORTH

TM rifle?

It is used to implant a GPS-microchip in the body of a human being, using a high powered sniper rifle as the long distance injector. The microchip will enter the body and stay there, causing no internal damage, and only a very small amount of physical pain to the target. It will feel like a mosquito-bite lasting a fraction of a second. At the same time a digital camcorder with a zoom-lense fitted within the scope will take a high-resolution picture of the target. This picture will be stored on a memory card for later image-analysis.

Why use the ID SNIPER TM rifle?

As the urban battlefield grows more complex and intense, new ways of managing and controlling crowds are needed. The attention of the media changes the rules of the game. Sometimes it is difficult to engage the enemy in the streets without causing damage to the all important image of the state. Instead EMPIRE NORTH suggests to mark and identify a suspicious subject on a safe distance, enabeling the national law enforcement agency to keep track on the target through a satellite in the weeks to come.

The ID SNIPER TM rifle was presented by Empire North in Beijing at the China Police 2002 exhibition.
    Image and tracking software GPS-chip
    Scope development
    Body damage control
    ID SNIPER TM is a registred trademark. All rights reserved to EMPIRE NORTH
    Copyright © 2004 - EMPIRE NORTH
    altalt
  • Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops
    - JUJU the citizen eye / instructions -

< Back

Homeland security Citizen Corps

Juju - the citizen eye TM is a registred trademark. All rights reserved to EMPIRE NORTH
    Copyright © 2004 - EMPIRE NORTH

altalt

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Didn't Maggie try to get ID cards going back when she was PM? But I can see why they want to now (not that I agree) because it seems to be a lot easier to sneak into the country since the Channel Tunnel opened. When I left England two years ago there was a lot of complaining about how the French don't really guard their side of the border properly, and how all the Algerians and former French colonists can go to France legally and then have easy access to England through the tunnel. I suppose the government thinks it will help because it will make it that much harder to function as an illegal immigrant inside the country, but I don't think it's very practical. It will just create a black market in fake IDs and documents, and the people most likely to be able to get those will be terrorists backed by lots of money. I do believe that it will create an atmosphere of paranoia, political repression and yet more polarisation. I can't really see the Brits putting up with it, but these days, I don't know. Does anyone remember Max Headroom? I keep thinking about that these days.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

It won't stop terrorisim.Like banning guns won't stop criminals from getting them.

• ball.
    ball.

I think they sooner they bring them in the better, will help prevent benefit fraud and illegal immigration.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    will help prevent benefit fraud and illegal immigration.

so which is it? Help benifit or help prevent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit