New Film game -- guess the film from the line

by stillajwexelder 123 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    "You're a spy, Mr. Leland"

Shining Through

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

"Well, are you going to pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie" Clint Eastwood - The Outlaw Josie Wales ""But being this is a 44 Magnum the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off -- you have got to ask yourself a question "Do I feel lucky today -- well do ya punk"?"

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Dirty Harry

"I have got to get me one of these!"

Lisa

• avishai
    avishai
    We don't ask sheep, dear; we tell them what to do.

Babe.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"Tyrone you know how much I love to watch you work. But I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Gilder to frame for it. I'm swamped."

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

The Princess Bride.

How about this?

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

• Badger
    Badger

"You can't handle the truth!" -- also from that movie, A Few Good Men

how about:

"We've been visited by Ghetto Santa!"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "I have got to get me one of these!"

Men in Black

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Crinklestein,

That is Col. Nathan Jessup played by Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.

My first quote was from Field of Dreams, and I still bawl everytime I get to that scene. It is my most treasured memory of time spent with my dad.

My next attempt...have fun

There was this kid I grew up with -- he was younger than me. Sorta looked up to me -- you know. We did our first work together -- worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition -- we ran molasses into Canada -- made a fortune -- you father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him -- and trusted him. Later on he had an idea -- to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Green -- and the city he invented was Las Vegas. This was a great man -- a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque -- or a signpost -- or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. No one knows who gave the order -- when I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe -- I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead -- I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen -- I didn't ask who gave the order -- because it had nothing to do with business!
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

LA is it The Road to Perdition?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit