Do You Realize How Much Being a Witness Has Hindered You?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Haven't lost a dam thing being a dubby. Fact is the lemons have turned into lemonaide. The grapes aren't sour!

carmel who has no regrets

• Lady_Kaye
    Lady_Kaye

My only regret is my daughter who lives with her dad. I never called on her birthdays, now I feel she doesn't know how much I really love her. Life is so hectic and busy we need days set aside to recognize the people we care about. 14 yrs gone. Maybe oneday she will forgive me.

• minimus
    minimus

How can anyone ever say they've lost nothing being a Witness???

• Maya
    Maya

Noooooooooo...........it CAN'T be said........

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I think it is always a difficult exercise to say "if only," which is why I prefer to look at the experience as building my personality and character.

Nevertheless, what I DO bitterly resent is all the TIIME I was forced to engage in JW activities. Meetings, service, assemblies...I figured out that I literally spent 1.8 YEARS engaged in those activities (figuring around 15 hours a week). 2 entire years of my life basically learning nothing of value. I would have rather spent those years going to school, enjoying a hobby...anything but attending those monotonous, repretitive, mind numbing activities.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Oh, forgot to add that that calculation represented 24 hour days! 1.8 years, round the clock, where I was doing "kingdom" crap. Taking into account I generally sleep 8 hours a day, that adds even MORE years to the calculation. Ugh.

• minimus
    minimus

Who could have time for a hobby?? If you were a true JW, you couldn't possibly do anything but "theocratic activities".

• minimus
    minimus

Who could have time for a hobby?? If you were a true JW, you couldn't possibly do anything but "theocratic activities".

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I believe we lose and gain no matter where we are. I don't regret being a JW but then also don't regret getting away from it either.

• minimus
    minimus

I prefer positive experiences throughout my life. But that's just me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit