Circuit Overseer Visit....not interested

by New Castles 63 Replies latest jw friends

• New Castles
    New Castles

Last night was the first meeting of the circuit overseers visit. I didnt go, but I know (because of a call from an elder about two weeks ago) that they are going to visit me this week. AHH!! I really dont want them to come over but I dont know how to stop that from happening. They haven't called and I dont think they will, they'll just show up. WHat am I to do???

• Maya
    Maya

Don't answer the door...........

• blondie
    blondie

I vote for not answering the door.

Blondie

• New Castles
    New Castles

very good, in thinking about this so much, that honestly slipped my mind. (they do recognize my car and will know if Im home, though)

• Maya
    Maya

Put one of those "Do Not Disturb" signs that they have in hotels on your front doorknob.......

• New Castles
    New Castles

lol....

I think I'll do that

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Put one of those "Do Not Disturb" signs that they have in hotels on your front doorknob.......

...or, "If this house is rocking, don't bother knocking". Don't forget to turn on the sound effects when they show up.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

When they call, just tell them that now is not a good time. If they press for a specific appointment, take their number and tell them you will call.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Say you are not "able" to talk.

They should respect that. If they press hold your ground. If they knock don't answer.

• Room 215
    Room 215

How about making yourself scarce? I think the most likely time they'll come looking for you is Saturday morning; why not plan a nice breakfast at the local IHOP?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit