Return visits

by kj 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• gumby
    gumby

Debating with Witnesses over doctrine will simply take a lot of your time and get you nowhere with them.....as has been stated. For now.....let them come by and drop off their magazines until you have more time to armor yourself with good exposer material.

Here's something you could do just for fun in the meantime. Print out a picture of Russells 'grave marker'.......the big Pyramid with the cross on it. They usually sets them back with nothing to say unless they are aware of it, which most dubs are not. That will give them something to investigate.

There are various publications that give good ideas on what to say to witnesses. Just stay away from doctrinal debates, and focus on material that uses the societys own publications to denounce them.

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

There are various Gumblications that give good ideas on what to say to witnesses.

Hey Corvin...those back issues were also for people who didn't have a donation. I mean youn't very well give the brand new publications YOU paid for to people with no money right?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby
    Hey Corvin...those back issues were also for people who didn't have a donation

I have to agree with Valanswers,

First priority has been to offer new literature with money in view.

If all else fails and you can't get their dough(your dough because you paid for them), then leave them something that might rouse their intrest and make them a dub someday. The only time the society wanted you to place older material, was when they had such a shitload of backstock, they didn't have a place to put it. You STILL had to pay for them (at least the congregation did).

Back issues are REALLY a cheap way for pioneers to get in their time by flooding the laundromats with dubdom.

Gumby

• Nina
    Nina

At one time the back issues had another lucrative use. The paper, cut to the proper size, worked beautifully in the dollar changers in laundramats.

• kj
    kj
    There are various publications that give good ideas on what to say to witnesses. Just stay away from doctrinal debates, and focus on material that uses the societys own publications to denounce them.

Yup, I know the drill. I have several of those publications! I've been waiting for an opportunity to put the information I have to good use. This discussion board has been one of my number one resources! Thank you everybody, and God Bless.

kj

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

Hi kj.

To be honest, I wouldn't even bother counter-witnessing to them! You will only be wasting your time whilst beefing up theirs!

Think about it - every hour they spend with you, drinking your tea and eating your biscuits, is another hour for them to put on their monthly report slip (form s-8 if memory serves). They can also count you as an RV (return visit) each time they call. And then there's the ubiquitous "placements". Why make it easy for them?

And as for "counter-witnessing" to them, don't forget that these ladies, no matter how nice they seem, want only one thing from you - and that is to see you in a suit with your bum on the seat at the Kingdom Hall.

Remember:

1) They cannot/are not allowed to think for themselves.

2) If you throw something at them that they can't handle, they will merely come back later with Brother Elder, and he's a very different animal! Before you know it, even more of your precious time will be wasted in futile and pointless discussion with a closed-minded drone!

3) Free and open debate has never been nor ever will be on the agenda for JW's.

4) Noble though it is to want to liberate these people, it is not possible to do so, because the vast majority of them are actually happy in their ignorance.

Take it from me friend, if it's not too late, don't bother with the two nice ladies. Give them their mags back. You don't have to be rude of course, but seriously, don't waste your time!

Believe me, I know - I once was "Brother Elder/closed minded drone" and I could be very persuasive! I was so persuasive, I even believed what I was saying myself! Please, do not put yourself in a position where your time can be wasted and your liberty put at risk!

Jonty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit