Return visits

by kj 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• kj
    kj

Two nice JW ladies stopped by my house last week and gave me some magazines. One of them asked if I would mind if she returned to discuss the magazines and answer any questions I might have. I think I'd like to attempt some counter-witnessing. About how long does it typically take for them to come back for the return visit? Thanks.

kj

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

usually, they will come back at the same day/time the following week.

• kj
    kj

That soon, huh? Guess I better get busy. Thanks!

kj

• kj
    kj

I have one more question- do they usually leave old magazines? The ones they left with me were from last August! There's had to have been oodles of new light since then! I want to be current, know what I'm sayin'?

kj

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

LOL. You know, I'm not sure. It's been quite a while! I think we only left older issues if we ran out of the current mags. . . and we wouldn't ask for a "contribution" for the older issues. Can someone help me out with this one? I really can't remember!

• Purza
    Purza

What did my dad always used to tell me? Oh yeah, that the magazines never go out of date. They always have valuable information.

• natalienu
    natalienu

ooooh! Counter witnessing - what does that involve? Is that like me when I started questioning their lies so they stopped talking to me?

• Corvin
    Corvin

JW's usually hand out backdated mags when they have a stockpile and need to get rid of them. I remember being encouraged to place "back issues" while doing street work.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I doubt that you will find "counter-witnessing" very satisfying. Unless they are mentally prepared to hear, it will be a waste of your time. If you insist on doing it, then you must control the agenda. Ask them to explain how the organization has falsely prophisied so many times and why they should be believed about anything. Ask them to explain the damage they have done to families by shunning and the protection of pedophiles in their midst. You could even quote them some scripture about false prophets. You might also ask them to explain their many shifts on blood matters, Rh factor, etc. and how they apologize to the families devastated by the death of a loved one.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Old mags would be left in doctors/dental practices or general waiting rooms, I didn't care I would leave them anywhere and stiil put those bad boys on my report card!!

You will also find them in cat litter trays or the bottom of hamster cages, they fit well in there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit