I need critter advice badly!

by little witch 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Well, maybe I've gotten the wrong idea......(pauses and scratches her head in confusion) but, the way you guys go about protecting those hairy, wrinkled little sacks, I've gotten the distinct impression that it can be painful..............maybe I'm wrong?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Pinball is OK. Pool is not.

• little witch
    little witch

You guys are too much!

Sunny, I got nut chasers also....my house is 120+ years old!

How do I adress this in any serious way now? LOL....

The nut chasers I can chase off, and they will be ok....The baby birds I must either...gulp....sweep off or put up with...I am too afraid that they will die....so...I hope they like ACDC.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

LW, after we had the gutters & downspouts replaced on our house (also 100+ years old) a few years ago, starlings found a gap that the construction crew left open & they set up housekeeping in the dining room wall. I decided to be nice & wait until the hatchlings departed. But then I quickly covered up the hole before they could return to build another nest.

If it was right next to where I slept ... I dunno. Is the hole big enough to shove a cat in there?

• little witch
    little witch

DanO,

I am sure kitty could take 'em! LOL

Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!!!!

Honestly, who knew baby starlings were rock fans?????

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Thanks LW, that means alot to me. It's fun to make jokes and things about this, but really, none of us really want a Mother birdie to have her children killed. She would be so sad and her heart would be broken, and none of us wants to be responsible for that. I am so glad that you will wait the 6-8 weeks for her to raise her children and get out of your hair. Thank you so much for allowing that, you will never know how much that means.

I know I sound like an animal nut... but when I was little I went to my Grandparents farm. I was laying in the bed, and I kept hearing the calves crying. They cried all night. Down the road. They cried for days, and did not stop. The moo cows cried, too. They knew their calves' cry. I just cried tears the whole time I was there, and they could not get me to stop. They had to send me back to the city to get me to stop crying.

• little witch
    little witch

I won't hurt them hon. I wanted to, but I wont. But mister witch got a lecture when he got home! (tee hee hee)!

Cows are very emotional creatures. We share the farm with another family (our property was a big farm. we bought only the house, and another family raises cattle and grain on a small scale). At any rate, occaisionally they come to take away some calves for market. And OMG! The mother cows bawl for days! It is heartbreaking to hear. And the lone bull (we call him Tiny) gets so upset that he rams into the barn and hollers and stomps about just like a human would.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Have been following your bird dilemma, and glad you are going to let them keep there space, time will "Fly" before you know it, and think about it, maybe by next Spring, you will be outside, look up, and hear a familiar peep flying overhead, and think to yourself, hey isn't that one of the birds that we let live in.......SPLAT!!! WELL, THERE'S GRATITUDE FOR YA!!!-LOL

• little witch
    little witch

LOL @ Ohio (and welcome also)

After a search, I have found that they are indeed starlings. They are reaching in the house! They stick their little claws into the crack between the floor and the wall!

(gawd, I hope they don't wanna share my sofa). Oh, and you would think a pitbull would be more protective wouldn't ya?

• simplesally
    simplesally

Oh...........birds, I thought you were have problems with my ex=husband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit