On CNBC,,,,PRINCE admits he is a JW....Did U believe he was?

by LyinEyes 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Did U believe he was?
    Hey, after you sit two rows behind Michael and Latoya Jackson at a District Convention (just before Thriller was released) you can believe it when anyone says they are a JW.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I guess I should have worded that better....... I mean I beleived he was assoicated with the witnesses and studying, but not so sure he was a baptised witness.

It is also hard for me to believe that Serena Williams is a "good JW girl", ya know what I mean.

From my experience , things I wanted to do as a teen,,,,,harmless Rodeo riding stuff,,,, was the devil. I was made to quit, I could ride my horse at home just as well as competing in Rodeos. Yeah right,,,that would be the same thing...Brother C O.... But I was obedient and gave all of that up. There was no room for debate,,,,,,,at the time my whole family was involved in the riding club and the rodeos. So it was a well supervised thing,,,,,I wasnt out of my father's sight .

I guess I am so bitter because so many of the dreams we all had , things we gave up along the way as JW's.........are gone forever.

Yet some like these great super stars,,,,,,,are allowed to get away with doing everything any "wordly" person would do. As long as they pay the WT money, they have their cake and eat it to.

Can you just imagine for one minute if any one of us, were to post for a picture in the local newspaper with a sexy bathing suit or dress on,,,,,showing sooooo much skin........what would have happened to us?? Little room in the back!!!!!!!

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

A few years ago, a visiting district overseer told a bunch of us in a car group that Prince was studying, so yeah, he probably is.

But will it last? Hard to say-the guy can't even decide on what name to keep

"I guess I am so bitter because so many of the dreams we all had , things we gave up along the way as JW's.........are gone forever. "

Amen Lyin Eyes! I was a pretty talented writer and artist, and my teachers wanted me to make a career out of it in the worst way. My art teacher offered me a job painting murals on the sides of buildings in our town (every time I see them now, it makes me angry that I so stupidly turned her down). My counselor told me that he would help me find money to go to college. But I bought into "counsel" not to pursue an "attention getting" career. And now the DOs and COs name drop like it's some kind of credit to Jehovah that famous people are joining the religion. What a waste of time!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oh how I would love these guys to come to my door so I can ask why they are allowed to take white blood cell transfusions in certain situations.

hawk

• undercover
    undercover

Notice that reporters never ask Bono, Cher, Madonna, Sting or any other one name musical giant what religion they are? But Prince joins a non-traditional religion and it becomes newsworthy. If he had become a Baptist or Methodist, no one would have given a rat's ass. I can't help but think that this should tell you something about this religion.

But, OTOH, celebrities like to surprise and shock people. Who knows, after the hoopla of being a JW dies down, maybe Prince will look into Mormonism or Scientology. Janet exposes a boob, Prince changes religions. Maybe it's all a PR scheme.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

That's what I thought too, Undercover

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

He was going door to door. There was a write up about it in the MPLS Star tribune... I will see if I can find the link...

• Nina
    Nina

I almost ran into the guy (literally) in the parking lot of a certain KH about four weeks ago. He wasn't driving, another male was.

All I wanted was to ask a question about one of the congregations at that particular Hall. The passenger kept shrinking into the seat while the driver and I were talking. (I was standing on the passenger side of the car, the driver put the window down). It was pretty noticeable because he was so small to begin with! He looked really tense.

Geez, all I wanted was some information! I didn't give a rat which witness it was, I just wanted the answer to my question!

Maybe somebody ought to tell him to keep his "eyes" on the prize?

Nina

BTW, if the driver of the car ever reads this, dude, you need a better suit.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Hehe Nina,I beleive ya.....I know that Prince is only 5'2" , I am 5'2 and A HALF,,,,hehe. so with heels I am even taller than he is. My father wasnt much taller than me even thou he claimed to be 5'6 , I know he wasnt an inch over 5'4" . My mom was 4'11" , it is a wonder I am as tall as I am. I am the tall one of the family.

I love Prince. I wonder if he could be reading this. I grew up loving his music,,,,,,,,,,not just the pop stuff that was popular at the time, but his talent with the guitar, his musical guiness , business sense, and song writing. He wrote the song ," Nothin' Compares 2 U" by Sinad O'Connar. That is one damn powerful song. Everything Prince touches turns to gold. I wish him all the luck that he can get........I only bring these threads out because I know that I don't have that kind of one in a century kind of talent. But Prince does. And to think that he is throwing all of his best years away , because of brainwashing JW's just makes me sick.

I will rejoice on the day , and I feel it will come, that Prince realizes that the JW's are just another cult and he breaks free from them.

I hope that at least someone like him, will have a voice that will be heard louder than the "average Jane" and hopefully can make others question in their minds , so many things about JW's.

So Prince if you are listening,,,,,,,,,,go back to what your roots were,,,,,,,you won't be true to yourself being a JW,,,,you will lose apart of yourself , probably the part that is most precious. I say that with all honesty and I do wish Prince freedom from JW's. I hate that they used his tragedy as a tool to convert him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit