On CNBC,,,,PRINCE admits he is a JW....Did U believe he was?

by LyinEyes 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am watching Prince talking to the reporter on CNBC, and she asked him if he is now one of Jehovah's Witnesses and he said......."Yes". I have read things in magazines and newspaper articles but I really could not believe that he was an active witness. Well, I guess I had to hear it with my own ears.

He said that his good friend Larry Graham,,,,,,,helped him find a simpler approach to the bible and religious dogma. He said that it has affected his life for the good.

The reporter commented on his humility and he bashfully said , "thank you".

He talked about his love of music and the people , and how much they mean to him,,,,his fans .

He still looks like the same Prince makeup and all.......and I wonder how he gets away with the things he does now.
    Have any of you been to his new concert, the new tour for his album?

I wonder if he sings the same songs he did back in the 80's? If I as a JW even played one of his albumns I would have been taken to the library. No joke, my elder father smashed,,,,,,,,my Prince cassette on the end of the couch into little pieces because of the songs on it.

Do you believe he is a very devout JW? IF so do you think it is because he has so much money, why they allow him to get away with what he does according to their standards?

• weasel
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The April 23rd Entertainment Weekly has an article on him and talks a little about his JW stuff. He's on top right now, but when he fades it will be all preaching. :-))

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• findingme
    findingme

I remember hearing about Michael Jackson's JW upbringing. How he would go door-to-door and introduce himself as "Joe". I heard it on the radio. Casey Casem (sp?). Seriously...

Also, George Benson is rumored to have been converted to a JW at one time.

All of the above was news from the 1980s.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I did hear George Benson with my own ears.......hehe say that he was a very active JW,in the preaching work too.

He said that he would go to people's door and they would want an autograph if they knew who he was, and he would only do it.......if they agreed to take the magazines and read them. He said he would do whatever it took to get the people to read the magazines. He was laughing about it and he also seemed like a pretty humble guy on the interview.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I don't think he'll make it over the long haul. Give him time, he'll come around. JW's are meeting some need he has right now, but I think he'll grow tired of it, and eventually see how controlling and downright inane it all is.

I just hope that people aren't converting because they admire Prince.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Yes, I have seen a lot of press and magazine articles...

wondering if "religion" is his new "fix"...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yeah I knew he was. I saw him in attendance for an afternoon session of the 1999 district convention in Rochester, Minnesota. He hadn't been baptized yet. But he and his entourage were probably the only ones who got a limousine ride from the Twin Cities to the convention center.

The death of his child with his first wife, Mayte must have had quite an effect on "the artist". Also his mom's dying wish was that he become a JW. Add that to the smooth, friendly approach that Larry Graham used to approach him, and Prince was a sitting duck for the Watchtower brand of religion.

I guess he could fade later and say that he never promised his mom he'd STAY a JW. At some point it seems he'll shed the emotional weight of this religion and become free.

He once had "slave" written on his forehead to protest how a major record company was treating him. He may feel the same way once the burden of a major publishing society gets to him.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Yes, I believed him. Why would he lie about being a JW?

Devon

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I live in MPLS and know Larry Gramam(sly and the famly stone) and have worked with Prince many times...

he is a JW all the way.... Too bad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit