Did your elders ever anounce the names of inactive publishers?

by carefully faded 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sassy
    Sassy

I don't remember every hearing that happen either. My guess is it isn't a recommended thing.. my guess is it might not even be legal.. but I'm not sure..

but no matter what.. that was horrible.. I think if it had happened to me years ago if I missed a month..I might have never come back due to embarassement..

hmm.. too bad maybe that didnt' happen.. I might have had a life sooner.

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, it was terrible! In fact, I made an audible gasp when he anounced the sick sisters name. He looked at me, and saw the look on my face. . . then he quickly made some clarifying remark like "well, we all know Sister so-in-so is sick and can't get out". But he definitely wasn't going to say that had I not made that noise.

Blondie, I agree - that he was the exception - that elders aren't doing that all over. In fact, when I told people from other congregations, they were always pretty shocked. However, as usual, there were no consequences for him. Several people told our PO what had happened, but nothing that I know of was ever done. In fact, I recently heard he's a circuit overseer today. Go figure!

Sassy, you know, in retrospect, I'm actually glad it happened. Certainly not for the hurt it must have caused the people who were embarassed, but selfishly for me. . . it was the straw that started breaking the camel's back. I was already feeling pretty low, but that just cinched things for me. That marked the beginning of my fade.

CF

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    they are the famous JW couple who made headlines by flying out to scandanavia for assisted suicide. Maybe they were raising money for treatment or something.

Hey buddy... can I borrow a few bucks for a trip to Scandavania? I'll pay ya back when I get back.

• Dawn
    Dawn

This is the same elder who later stated during a public talk,

"When armageddon comes, all I can say is God help those of us who are not putting in at least 10 hours per month".

So how would this elder reply to Galations 3:3? " Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? "

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Good point Dawn!

• Odrade
    Odrade

I never heard an announcement of that sort, but it was a topic of many cargroup conversations and names were named. Besides, wasn't that the whole point of the "Pioneer Assist" program? Anyone who was in that who wasn't the pioneer 1/2 was the low hour or irregular pub. That's as good as naming names...

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Blondie is exactly right. In my old BOE this guy would have been stood up against a brick wall....

• yxl1
    yxl1

I've seen this twice before and on both occations during or after the bookstudy. Its almost as if the elder in question knows that the BOE might not agree with his tactics so he weasles them out when they're not around. No one stood up to this elder because our bookstudy consisted of the elderly, single mothers and children. These people are nothing but bullies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit