Bodily training useful for many things...

by FMZ 16 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Dan-O: Hellyeah!

Shotgun: I am looking around the StL area for a decent Vale Tudo gym. I have a friend in England that does it and he highly recommends it.

Confused: LMAO dude... I get Kirsty Alley. I like big macho chicks with wider shoulders than myself. WWWIIIINNNGGGGMMAAANNN

Dawn: I do find running on the treadmill a little boring. Unfortunately there aren't any decent places to run where I live. What I do to keep it a little interesting tho is set small goals to hit, listen to music, and pacing my footsteps with the beat. I feel this helps pass the time.

Xena: Sounds like Satan is punishing you a lot. Have you been a bad little girl??? Maybe I would go easier on you... not much easier tho

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My regimen isn't too strict:

TaiChi and Chi Kung most days.
    Situps, pushups and pullups every other day, or so.
    Swimming about once a week.

Interspersed with lots of good food, especially fresh bread, fruit and vegetables.
    6' tall - 180lb

• FMZ
    FMZ
    TaiChi and Chi Kung most days.

I like that too... with plenty of soy sauce.

Interspersed with lots of good food, especially fresh bread, fruit and vegetables.

You know how hard it is to find "good food" over here mate? What I wouldn't give for a loaf of Warburtons...

FMZ

• Mary
    Mary

Well I'm nowhere near what you guys can do. I go to Curves for Women 3-4 times per week. Actually, I'm seriously considering weight loss surgery, because I'm fat as a barnyard pig, have been this way for 20 years and am deathly afraid of either my cancer coming back, or getting some other disease that's weight related. I just can't seem to lose the weight on my own and am completely discouraged.

• Nazgul
    Nazgul

I'm into Low Volume Weight Training and it works great for me. It's like this: One warm up set, one heavy set (sometimes to failure) per exercise. Two to four exercises per muscle group, depending on the muscle group. Never more than two heavy sets per exercise. I train with weights one day, and rest two. On weight training day I work on one upper body and one lower body muscle group. On the off days I do cardio, running or sports or simply rest. I find that I can get as much done with a couple of heavy sets as with multiple sets per exercise although, a good overall diet is the most important thing, I think.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Nazgul... that sounds very much like what I do for strength training. The programme I follow is called High Intensity Training... preached about by Mike Mentzer... the only guy to ever get a perfect score in the Mr Universe competition.

FMZ

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

im currently on a test prop/fina cyle

to be followed by winny my last 4 weeks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit