"Politics is doo-doo" (a rant)

by logansrun 12 Replies latest social current

• logansrun
    logansrun

Folks, after many an argument on-line about politics on this forum I have come to the conclusion that politics is $hit. Bush lies. So does Kerry. Republicans and Democrats both have their fair share of negatives and positives. Neither of them have "The Answer ." I feel like every time I watch a political campaign speech (again, by either side) I'm watching one of those late-night infomericals selling "The latest, the greatest! It slices, it dices!" whatever product some stupid shmuck is willing to fork over $19.95 for. Step back for a moment, think outside your biases and you will probably come to the same conclusion.

Is Democracy the best form of government? Probably. But it's also miserable. It's a damn popularity contest where the contestants -- almost every single one of them -- pull a fast one on the voters. They can't be honest -- because they have to win. And winning will entail advertisments, lots of "fine print" and groudless rhetoric. Anyone who calls themselves a "die-hard" Republican or Democrat simply has a pretty low level of awareness about what is really going on. F--- it.

Eighty thousand years of hunting and gathering and now this. As C-3P0 said in Star Wars: "We're doomed."

Bradley

• Brother Beyond
    Brother Beyond

Its the same here in the UK, whether its Labour or Conservitive, Tony Blair or Willam Hague, you hear the same old lies. Naturaly everything is geard up to promotion and public acceptance. But now we have a Labour party that is more conservative than Thatcher ever was, and a conservative party that has totaly lost the plot.

And this is my first year away from the borg where I can cast a vote!!! Who should I vote for?

Maybe I should just 'watse' my vote and vote Liberal??

Who Knows.

BB

• logansrun
    logansrun

The Labour party is not pro-labor?

B.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Bush or Kerry. What the hell kind of choice is that??!! None of the above, thank you.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't see how it does much good to get so cynical about the politicians, when we-the-people were offered much better choices and turn them down. Unfortunately, we-the-people choose presidents (and presidential candidates) using very shallow and emotion based logic.

So yeah, John Kerry was not my first choice. Still, if you can't see considerable differences between Kerry and Bush, personally, I think you're nuts. If it's the rhetoric that bothers you, then that means you see the rhetoric. Simply look beyond it and be glad you're plugged in enough to even notice. Your responsibilities as an American do not diminish because the rest of America is dumb and cynical (a deadly combination), instead they are greater to the intelligent person, who must not allow the low-brow thinking of cynicism to make him stupid. And cynicism WILL make you stupid, just as sure as an agenda will make you stupid.

McCain and Bush are both politicians. McCain however, could honestly be called a "public servant" . He's head and shoulders above Bush as a man. So is Kerry.

But yeah, alot of politics is doo doo. Alot of the citizenry are full of it too.

• wednesday
    wednesday

well for all u who want to listen to Kerry, he will be on "Meet the press" in the AM. report is he is going to run more as a centerest.

• hybridous
    hybridous

Maybe this is my naiviety talking...

I don't think either political party (Dems or Repubs) will get serious about problem solving until there's a tangible threat from a third party. Until then, it's party first, damn the rest.

And isn't that the scam? Choose like you really have a choice, when you really don't. I just hope enough people wake up in time to do something about it. When is it gonna stop? When the government decides it needs 50 cents from every dollar I earn to do more nothing?

Washington is no longer an extension of the peoples' will, it is a parasitic entity, concerned with only its perpetuation at all costs. Remember that when your party asks for your loyal support.

AND...remember to cheat on your taxes. F* 'em...long, hard, and dry. because they're already doing it to you.

• talesin
    talesin

ahhhhhhhhhh *sigh*

hard to say,,,,,, who is gonna lie to us next ?

feeling a bit discouraged about the whole thing right now ... you're right, brad ,,,

tal

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I have felt this way for a long time. The world is run by rich people behind the scenes, not Kerry or Bush. All these people are related to each other, as are Kerry and Bush, they both were Skull and Bones members, or Masons. Its all foolishness and I could care less whose president. Its all a farce to keep us distracted that so mush money is being taken out of our taxes every week.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

And Bradley has passed to the next step of his political evolution! First comes dogmatic idealism, then disappointed cynicism, and then finally pragmatic moderation. You're coming on apace, Bradley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit