Kill Bill, Vol. 2

by copsec 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• copsec
    copsec

Went to see Kill Bill, Vol. 2 this afternoon and it was FANTASTIC! I was highly disappointed in Volume 1 but they had to do what they did in it to make this one. I am a huge fan of Quentin Tarantino films and this one did not disappoint!

• logansrun
    logansrun

I felt Vol 1 was better. Oh, and is it just me or does Uma Thurman vacillate between looking gorgeous and looking dog-ass awful in these two films or what?

B.

• copsec
    copsec

Logan,

LOL! Yep. that's exactly what I said about Uma. She can look drop dead hot or NASSSTYYY!!!. Sorry, but I do like Vol. 2 much better. There was just a bit too much Kung Fu in part one for me.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Did you know her father, Robert Thurman, is one of America's foremost Buddhist scholars?

B.

• copsec
    copsec

I have read that somewhere. I had forgotton though till you mentioned it. Are you a fan of Tarantino's other films?

• logansrun
    logansrun

Pulp Fiction and Resevoir Dogs were good. Jackie Brown, so-so.

Terantino does strike me as a smarmy little prick, but some of his material is genius.

B.

• copsec
    copsec

I agree, he is an odd person. But I love the banter in his movies. It is some of the best written dialouge out there. I LOVED Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Dusk to Dawn was so-so. He could have stayed away from the vampire stuff and made a great movie but they still had their moments.

• exjdub
    exjdub

I am a big Tarantino fan and I really enjoyed both Vol. I & II, although for different reasons. The one thing that did throw me was the final battle with Bill. Once again Tarantino caught me by surprise. I was expecting a long battle and when she did "the move" (not wanting to ruin it for those that have not seen it yet), it happened so quickly that I almost missed it! I will have to buy the video and put it on slow motion. The battle with Elle was great. Regards.

Exjdub

• copsec
    copsec

ExJdub,

Oh, I LOVEd the battle with Elle. How many times do you see a sword fight in a trailer?? LOL!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Honey-bunny and I took my mom to see it on Saturday. We all loved it. Volume 1 was basically a grind-house movie, tons of violence and fake blood. Volume 2 was cool because it was more about what motivated all the violence-much more clever dialogue. I'm waiting for them to release the dvd boxed set-what a way to waste a day off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit