Special meeting this weekend?

by kj 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kj
    kj

My mother mentioned something about a special talk that's going to be at "all the KHs around the world" this weekend. Anyone know what it's about?

kj

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yeah, special talk. same crap as last year, diferent face one would hope, they give it evefry year just a week or two after memorial. a little doom and gloom apocalyptic crap, a little skipping throught he daisies in paradise if you listen to the governing b ody, deeath and dismemberment if you dont. Same old crap oh yeah and there are attendancts standing by if you want a FREE HOME BIBLE STUDY>

• shotgun
    shotgun

My wife invited me as well...

No thanks

But it's a special talk

No thanks

No really a special one

No thanks

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

They do it every year around the memorial. DOn't worry, armageddon ain't commin this year!

• VM44
    VM44

This is a promotion tactic to get people to go to the meeting. Saying it is "Special."

Remember there was to be a "Special" announcement to be made at the last Memorial? Turns out it was only a letter from the WT Society thanking people for attending! What a letdown!

The same old material is rehashed over and over again, they are trying to reserve it again, and keep people interested by calling it Special!

What's next? Calling it "NEW AND IMPROVED"?

--VM44

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

"now with two scoops of scriptures!"

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I have managed to obtain a copy of the outline for the talk. Here it is:

"The world is going to hell. We knew it all along. God will fix it. Sell Watchtowers or die."

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Wait, wait. It really is special. You see, most of the year, you get recycled talks that you've heard over and over. Last I knew, there were fewer than 150 in the series, so that means that if you've been a JW for more than 3 years, you've probably heard them all (or heard certain ones multiple times). If you were a JW for almost 30 years, like I was, then you've practically got them all memorized.

But once a year, they actually break down and write a new talk, which is presented as a "Special Talk" and added to the series so that it, too, can be given over and over again. After all, hearing it repeatedly will help you to be fully indoctrinated grasp the material better. Meanwhile, besides the repeated public talks, they study the same books over and over again in the Book Study, and have been rehashing pretty much the same material from the same few publications in the Ministry School for, like, 50 years now.

Now, I can go to most any church in Christendom, and the clergyman will have written a fresh sermon for that week, on whatever week I go there. But the Society sees fit to bash the churches because they lack the "abundance of spiritual food" available in "Jehovah's organization". How's that again?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Jehovah is Good.

We speak for Jehovah on Earth.

Only through us do you have any relationship with, access to, or payers heard by Jehovah.

At armageddon everyone else is toast......burnt toast.

The emperor (WT) has cloths.

If you think the emperor (WT) has no cloths, reread preceeding statement till you believe he does.

Are you doing enough?

If you think you're doing enough reread preceeding statement over and again, reset your priorities, do more and act accordingly until you die.

Let's see....that should about cover it.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Jehovah is Good.

We speak for Jehovah on Earth.

Only through us do you have any relationship with, access to, or payers heard by Jehovah.

At armageddon everyone else is toast......burnt toast.

The emperor (WT) has cloths.

If you think the emperor (WT) has no cloths, reread preceeding statement till you believe he does.

Are you doing enough?

If you think you're doing enough reread preceeding statement over and again, reset your priorities, do more and act accordingly until you die.

Let's see....that should about cover it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit