Rights of Plant life - Now!

by Amazing1914 19 Replies latest jw friends

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Mary ~

LOL - That is funny. I'm glad it says "parody page" at the bottom... otherwise I would be scared.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Best back off Amazing... or I'll skin an orange ALIVE with my bare hands!!!!!

Just you wait until I start using my machine designed for the sole purpose of slooooowly skinning a potatoe alive!!

Muahahahahaha!!!!

Sincerely,
    The Fatah-Al Aqsa Brigade for the Destruction of Anti-Fauna Life

• shamus
    shamus

yUp. PlAnTs.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

A carrot screams when you pull it out of the ground.

We also kill millions of bacteria every day just by breathing. And how many insects do we step on simply by walking?

Poor carrots
    Poor bacteria
    Poor insects

What monsters we are.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Joking aside, I really can't find the least little bit of guilt about being a "top predator".

I've seen the view from the top of the food chain, and it looks... tasty.

Anything that doesn't want to be eaten had better evolve a bad taste, pronto.

Often the save the carrots lobby are talking stuff and nonsense. The Jains (a sect of Hinuds that sweep the ground in front of them so they don;t squish ants etc.) have now with modern science, got to kill themselves to not 'kill' anything else. If you have an immune system and extend rights of life to any organism (like the Jains), death is the only ethical option.

Also, without the farm industry, there would be very few cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, etc. Millions of animals lead reasonable and well-cared for (albeit short) lives they would not otherwise have if it were not for the food industry.

Some hardline animal rights groups actually advocate depopulation of the Earth!

And people who are vegetarians... well, good luck. Some choose it cause they don't like the taste of meat, and that makes sense.

But as the only other animal I can think of with an omnivorous digestive system and dentition (like us) is the Panda, well known for having so little energy they virtually never have sex and, evolutionary speaking as a species waving Panda bear bye-bye, I can say it seems sensible to eat what we evolved to eat.. Be a vegetarian and shag like a Panda; what a slogan!

And whilst I think testing cosmetics on animals is bad, I would personally kill a million rats and a hundred thousand bunny rabbits if the medcine that resulted would save my daughters' lives.

At the other end of the spectrum, I think the great apes, the cetaceans, elephanst, and maybe a few other species, need to have a different level of protection to normal animals. They have high levels of intelligence, culture, and are basically too clever to eat or kill for fun.

Republicans don't taste good enough to eat, not unless you boil them first...

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Um, did you smoke one of those plants before you posted this?
    We also kill millions of bacteria every day just by breathing. And how many insects do we step on simply by walking

Big Tex, stay out of amazings' funny looking tobacco !!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Joking aside, I really can't find the least little bit of guilt about being a "top predator".

Don't worry... the great irony of our existance is that we will be consumed by the lowest on the food chain... worms and bacterial.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I just wish they would stop having sex all over my car. Big old splotches of pollen all over my car. Why can't they just shoot it at another tree?

Ken P.

• True North
    True North
    Millions of animals lead reasonable and well-cared for (albeit short) lives they would not otherwise have if it were not for the food industry.

Abaddon,

From what I've read (and I'm still looking into this) millions of animals in contemporary factory "farms" lead anything but reasonable and well-cared for lives. I'm not at the point of believing that it is innately wrong to use animals for food but I do feel that a line has to be drawn dividing humane from inhumane treatment of them and I am concerned about whether or not that line has been crossed in connection with the food I eat.

BTW, I think it's ironic that so many people in the Western world have been outraged by the practice of eating dogs and cats in some East Asian countries while effectively not giving a sh*t about the treatment of the animals they consume.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

True North

From what I've read (and I'm still looking into this) millions of animals in contemporary factory "farms" lead anything but reasonable and well-cared for lives.

And millions do. Intensive factory-style operations produce low-quality cheap food. They produce this because of the demand there is for low-quality cheap food. But if you're willing to pay a bit more, you get better tasting and often healthier food. If you want to address the problem of poor conditons for animals in factory farms, that's comendable; exert pressure for change in the most effective way - the way you spend your money. The fact some farming is cruel is not an argument against farming but is an arguement for greater discernment on the part of the consumer.

I'm not at the point of believing that it is innately wrong to use animals for food but I do feel that a line has to be drawn dividing humane from inhumane treatment of them and I am concerned about whether or not that line has been crossed in connection with the food I eat.

I think consumers have responsibility. If a pair of Nike are more important to someone than the working conditions and wages of the person who make them, they'll carry on buying Nikes. You can eat the food you want AND be sure it's produced in a reasonably humane fashion.

BTW, I think it's ironic that so many people in the Western world have been outraged by the practice of eating dogs and cats in some East Asian countries while effectively not giving a sh*t about the treatment of the animals they consume.

... or the environmental damage caused by intensive farming practises in some areas!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit