Son came home last night with a new "Faux-hawk" haircut - I LOVE IT

by seeitallclearlynow 19 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman

Also known as the Hoxton Fin.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You've all made me realise something. I'd forgotten all about how the elders used to police the hairstyles!!!

And I don't like it!

• exjdub
    exjdub

I'm with you Ozziepost

The thing that was so aggravating was how arbitrary the rules were. In the 70's, when long hair was everywhere, I remember getting hauled into the library by the elders because my hair was just past the tops of my ears. They hammered on me and told me that I had a "bad attitude" and that I could not carry the beloved microphones if I didn't cut my hair. Meanwhile, a brother who was "reaching out" had hair that covered his ears, but they liked him, so that was OK and he was carrying the microphones the very next meeting. ARRGHHH! Damn Hypocrites! Because of the fine counsel... I decided to embrace the attitude and grew it longer!

Exjdub

• shamus
    shamus

That is a very cool haircut! It's like a spikey mullet; cool!

One thing that I like or rather love is my hairstyle now. I don't have to worry about what people think of it, LOL! I've gone from full beard to goatee and now I just have a goatee except you shave the mustache off. Who the hell cares what the elders think of they're rules and regulations!

My hair is really long right now; I haven't had it cut for a long long time, and it grows fast. It is definetley below my collar line and reaching my shoulders. Tomorrow I'm getting it cut really short just because I'm sick of it.

Seriously, though, that is a very very cool haircut to say the least!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

nice cut, as modelled by the captain of England's football team (God bless him!)

I am sure that Seeitall's son looks really "cool" .

One of the things we missed out on in our youth was the opportunity to express ourselves by dress and hairstyle. Longhair for men was the accepted norm in my day and , boy, did I not wish that I could have done it.. Lost most of it now though!

The pre occupation with such things is not new in the congs. I remember once ,during a spiritually "Weak" spell, the elders would moan about the length of my modest sideboards but ignore the obvious deeper issues ...Oh well..........

• Sassy
    Sassy

very cool cut...

I DO remember the policing of hair.. but I always let my boys be on the fringe of things.. they were always a little longer, etc..

After the quit attending meetings they got read radical with their hair..

• Special K
    Special K

Sort of looks like some of Ryan Seacrests styles.

interesting

special K

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Thanks folks! I appreciate all your responses - interesting reminders of the control - and guess what? Speaking of favoritism, you're right - there's always one brother who pushes it with his hair or clothes, but because he is well liked, he will still get "privileges" while others with less marginal hair or clothes, will not.

Son says he will be a attendant on the floor level at the District Convention this summer - because he smooths the hair down for the meetings.

HAHAHAHA! You should see all the spikes from crown to nape when he is not at the meetings! And how low he sags his jeans.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

I hope seein'itallclearly starts runnin' in the family so your son can feel free to express that wonderful individuality we always had to suppress.

Warm wishes for it,

4JWY

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

4JWY - You and me both! Thanks much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit