Son came home last night with a new "Faux-hawk" haircut - I LOVE IT

by seeitallclearlynow 19 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

That's right - he's been needing a haircut and laughingly said as we parted ways to go to our respective salons, "Mom, we seem to basically have the same hairstyle right now." LOL! It was true - we both needed a new "do".

So when he came home with his new Fauxhawk I was ecstatic. He looked so cute! The brothers would hate it, and that's why I love it.

• codeblue
    codeblue

lol....that is cute!!!

• 4JWY
    4JWY

seeitall:

Amazing how we see it all now, huh?

I always wanted son to be able to try all different "do's", but didn't dare allow it.

Now he has shaved his head - tried a mohawk (he didn't really like that one after all tho)-

and last week, got a PERM - long, blonde curls and it looks darling!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

It sure is 4JWY! I used to actually "fear" people with non-conservative haircuts. Then I felt sorry for them. Now, I just don't care how someone wants to wear their hair - and it feels much better this way!

Can't wait to see what other ways I can improve too, as I distance myself from the Org.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

seeitall:

DITTO!

It's a great new day isn't it? ( BTW- just what is the haircut your son got? - not familiar with the style name)

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm not familiar with the look either.. can you show us a sample??

• shamus
    shamus

Yes! What does that look like??? Anyone know?

I shaved my head whilst in da troof, and was called a skinhead by my loving elder brothers.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

heard on the radio this week:

It's been said that one's hairstyle reflects the decade in which you were the happiest -

Do ya think it's true in our case?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

This is not a picture of my son of course, but the hair cut is the same. Just his sideburns are longer, and when not at the meetings, the back looks the same as the front and top.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/uncool/contenttemplate1.htm

I'll try to find more photos to show the spikes in the back.

It's a modified mohawk. He's always wanted a mohawk, and piercings, and tattoos. Maybe one day.

• Scully
    Scully
    ... you'd call David Beckham's hairstyle a "mohawk." That's a "fauxhawk," and it's not impressing anybody. By Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit