what is the first lie in the bible and who told it?

by zen nudist 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: [from eating of the tree]
    Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
    Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
    Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

most people ASSume the serpent was the one who lied, but did it? what did the serpent say which was a lie? the obvious answer that many give is that he claimed that Adam and Eve would not Die and they did die...case closed. however, is that all there is to it? in Context the serpent did not say they would never die for any reason at all, just for one reason, eating of the tree... was he lying? did the "eating" from the tree cause Adam to die? the answer is NO... he ate of the tree and God confesses that he could STILL live forever unless God took steps to prevent it...which he does.... so the CAUSE of death has nothing to do with eating of any tree.

may claim the serpent lied about man becoming like God...was that a lie? NO, God confirms that.

so what is the only lie in this story ? I see it as God telling Adam that the tree of knowledge had anything to do with killing him. that turned out to be anything but true. Adam did not die because of it, he died of old age, because God prevented him from eating of the tree of life knowing that Adam could still live forever... the actual cause of death appears to be disobediance which did not have to be related to the tree of knowledge at all... and further it seems odd that it should be a reason to kill Adam at all, as he did not know good and evil prior to eating of the tree... after all disobediance is a moral thing, a bad or evil thing which Adam had no way to know prior to eating, right?

• Valis
    Valis
    In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
  • Wallflower
    Wallflower
    The most accurate translation of the Bible by the Watchtower, Bible & Tract Society
  • XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

You are validating the Godfinger hypothesis. That God was never "Good" and by his own words lieing to mankind just for entertainment.

God limits mans lifespan after the nephilims. Why would he have to limit man to 125 years if he was going to the and was mortal from the fall? Nobody could awnser that rationaly Infact somebody said because otherwise they would not drown or something.

It seems like blew the whistle and got disfellowshiped. Now we can't even talk to him anymore. Maybe we should ask the Watchtower to reinstate him, but not let him go out in feild service alone. Oh but we wont tell anyone he is Satan because it may stumble some friends or cause gossip.

He is Stewy from Family Guy. "I rather like this God fellow"

• waiting
    waiting

Interesting idea. But really......one must believe that God & Satan & Adam & Eve & a talking snake all were conversing with each other.

And that they all existed as the Bible says.

And that the Bible is true.

Well............you see where this is going, eh?

But interesting idea nonetheless. thanks!

• gumby
    gumby

Gen 1:27 "So god created man in his own image".

I can't imagine god looking, acting, or thinking anything like a human.

GumBS

• new light
    new light

Lemme get this straight. If eating the forbidden fruit made us more god-like, why did god talk directly to pre-fruit Adam, but now has no definite contact with any of us supposedly god-like beings, knowing good and evil? Becoming more like god has ended his contact with us? Doesn't make too much sense to me.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

My thoughts, exactly, Valis!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

There is no spoon!

• glitter
    glitter

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil

I have two BIG problems with that:
    1: Adam and Eve had to knowledge of good and evil, yet they were punished for disobeying and it was only by disobeying that they gained that knowledge. They didn't know any better!
    2: Us?!!! I think there are a couple of other places where "Us" is used as if there is more than one God.

• heathen
    heathen

I thought it was that the world ended in 1914 .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit