Weird Al Yankovich Diseased?

by HadEnuf 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Did anyone else hear that Weird Al Yankovich had died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning a few days ago? Maybe I was hallucinating when I saw that little "scrawl" going across the news one night. Anyone?

Cathy L.

• blondie
    blondie

His parents died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/2998342/detail.html

NBCSandiego.com

'Weird Al's' Parents Die In Fallbrook Home

Deaths Ruled Accidental

POSTED: 3:05 PM PDT April 12, 2004
    FALLBROOK, Calif. -- The parents of comic "Weird Al" Yankovich have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, it was reported Monday.

Family members found Nick Louis Yankovic, 86, and Mary Yankovic, 81, dead in their home on Foxfire Lane on Friday afternoon. The house was reportedly full of smoke from a fireplace that has been used with its chimney flue closed.

Investigators are classifying the deaths as accidental, the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office said.

Alfred Matthew Yankovic gained fame in the 1980's for his spoofs of popular songs. He was awarded a 2003 Grammy for best comedy album.

Copyright 2004 by NBCSandiego.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What??? No, I didn't hear that. It would be all over the news if he did.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Blondie to the rescue again! How sad...but my son is a big fan of Weird Al...so at least he's still around to make us laugh. Tough to lose one's parents in such a way.

Thanks Blondie. I can sleep at night now.

Cathy L.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Oh Wow! How tragic. I cant possibly imagine how he must be feeling right now

• Scully
    Scully

I love Weird Al. How sad that his parents passed away so suddenly.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The news was about his parents, not him.

DY

• Valis
    Valis

man that is awful!..

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Thank you all for your replies. I was watching the news last weekend and must have caught the tale end of the "scrawl" on the bottom of the t.v. screen and just saw the words Weird Al and died by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Yes...I feel so bad for Weird Al. We saw him a couple of times at the Central WI State Fair and he is quite the showman. My kid's loved him when they were younger and still do. If you're feeling down...just listen to any of his parodies of famous songs. You won't be sad for long!

Cathy L.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

that is sad.

Thanks blondie!

My brother in law had said the same thing "did you hear weird al died?" so I guess another pop culture rumour has been accidently started.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit