More Ex-Witnesses than Witnesses?

by OHappyDay 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Roddy
    Roddy

I heard in a talk years ago that 40,000 a year worldwide are DFed. I suspect the numbers are larger as the org is larger and more people are on the Internet.

But what about drop-outs, inactive, irregular, and those just hanging-on? I'm sure that's a much larger number.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm suspect of this "clock". The World Council of Churches reported over a year ago that Islam had surpassed Christianity as the world's religion with the most members. They continue go grow faster than Christianity. So I'm not sure how accurate the remaining statistics are.

carmel

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Islam also counts the 70 virgins awaiting each martyr. With every new martyr, the count goes up exponentially.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Dan-O,

The Mormons have an unfair advantage. That polygamy thing allows them to reproduce at a faster rate, limited by only the number of wives a guy can support.

After all, they've whole new planets to populate, they'll be worn out, poor things.

Islam also counts the 70 virgins awaiting each martyr.

Maybe there are more similarities between LDS and Islam than there first appear! "Join us and you'll get loads of sex." (If you're a man, that is )

Carmel,

The World Council of Churches reported over a year ago that Islam had surpassed Christianity as the world's religion with the most members.

You may be right, though I felt that wasn't the main point, which was still clearly demonstrated: that a religion's rate of growth is no indication of "God's blessing" ...

Regards,

Ken

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

I guess that about 100,000 a year get disfellowshipped and another 100,000 drift away or disassociate with the org.

The organisation had an increasing decline in pubs which was changed into increase by introducing the 15 minute regulation.

For Germany you have the following example. about 3 years ago there were nearly 170,000 pubs at all. today there are 162,000 .

In autumn 2002 the 15 min regulation was made valid that led by about 2,500 congregations to about 12,000 further pubs, so that you can say, that in Germany within 3 years the total amount of pubs declined for about 10 %.

I cant compare those figures with figures of other countries but the time shows, that the congregations get empty as the publishers are under pressure of time and economical opression. that is about the same in Europe and North America.

The WTS is loosing its monoploy of information by internet. That makes more and more witnesses aware that there are increasing doubts in WTS policy.

Brooklyn would better publicly confess what they have made wrong and that they set more confidence in modern Egypt than in the Savior.

There is no sign that the GB is finding an open answer to the facts. They shameless define themselves as the Slave who has got already the possession of the LORD.

the only thing they've got, is a stiff brain.

It might be that in a couple of years there may be as much pubs as there are former JW's.

As long as Brooklyn and their regional branches are longing for public funds they have forgotten that the blessing comes from above.

In Germany they try since 1990 to get the status of a church with the financial privledges. and yet they are just at the point they have started.

The judge in the court (March 2004)spoke of "theocratic warfare" and the lawyer from WTS did not reject this expression.

I am sorry that still the German media is not so much interested in JW's as the reports are not so often and holistic.

The action from www.e-watchman.com - letter to about 5,000 congregations in US/Ca has found my attention.

Thats the way facts can be distributed what makes more elders pay attention to their attidude.

Time works against the WTS and their doctrine that they have the right to change biblical teachings like you change your socks.

As the UN-cohabitation has shown that they have no fear to act in contradiction to their teachings and since getting public this act of spiritual fornication I recognize that in the WT the UN is no more defined as beast that will destruct religion.

It seems that WTS has no longer a mentallity of a Freddy Franz who franatic made his visions public.

I guess that each and every blessing from above has stopped and that this slave will be cut into peaces what means that time will come when the GB will have disharmony and loosing its control over itsself and the flock.

He surely is comparable to the words of Jesus that the slave will hit his domestics when he notices that the Lord still is not coming.

It would fit the slave very well to be more modest, honorable and serving the domestics by fruits of the spirit than to spread fear and frustration.

shame on those who went to bed with UN and their tentacles.

KV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit