~Something special for all of you at JWD~

by FlyingHighNow 23 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hello everyone. I was listening to this song on my way home from work today. It's a beautiful song. I had not really listened to its lyrics since I had been set free from the org.

Today I listened and I realized how much these lyrics fit all of us and our journey out of the WTBTS and on to freedom. I thought I would dedicate this to all of you, my family and to me.

Nether Lands

Nether Lands

By Dan Fogelberg

High on this mountain
    The clouds down below
    I'm feeling so strong and alive
    From this rocky perch
    I'll continue to search
    For the wind and the snow and the sky

Oh I want a lover and I want some friends
    And I want to live in the sun
    And I want to do all the things that I never have done

Sunny bright mornings and pale moonlit nights
    Keep me from feeling alone
    Now I'm learning to fly and this freedom is like
    Nothing that I've ever known
    Oh I've seen the bottom and I've been on top
    But mostly I've lived in between
    And where do you go when you get to the end of your dream

Off in the Nether Lands I heard the sound
    Like the beating of heavenly wings
    And deep in my brain I can hear a refrain
    Of my soul as she rises and sings
    Anthems to glory and anthems to love
    And hymns filled with earthly delight
    Like the songs that the darkness composes to worship the light

Once in a vision I came on some woods
    And stood at a fork in the road
    My choices were clear yet I froze with the fear
    Of not knowing which way to go
    Oh, one road was simple acceptance of life
    The other road offered sweet peace
    When I made my decision
    My vision became my release

If you ever get the chance to listen to the song don't pass it up. It has an orchestral arrangement that will make your soul soar. The lyrics alone are beautiful and very moving.

Flyin'

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Flying ... Beautiful.

Much better lyrics than Keep your eyes on the fries prize.

• gumby
    gumby

Heather.....thanks for thinkin of your buddies.

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cool. You can tell that he's (or whoever wrote the words) 'done it'. The darkness worships the light. I like that phrase. When your not dark anymore, you can stop worshipping.

SS

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Thank you..love it...going to look for this one in my Cd catalog....I need to recapture these sorts of feelings again--I used to have them a long time ago...

• Sassy
    Sassy

beautiful lyrics... thank you!

• 4JWY
    4JWY

flyin' - great message, thx!

One of the first things I realized after breaking away, is that I was actually hearing the lyrics to songs, in a way I NEVER had before. Often I am driving and trying to scribble down lyrics at the same time that are so meaningful so I can share them with my husband or he's calling me from work telling my to turn on a certain radio station to hear what's playing. I think some of these songwriters were once US.

This is on another vein - but I used to think Bono would make a good JW. Now I hope he continues to be a not at home in the territory.

4JWY

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Much better lyrics than Keep your eyes on the fries prize.xjw_b12

Okay, you made me smile. And to think that was one I really liked, too. So much for that dream.

Heather.....thanks for thinkin of your buddies.Gumby

You're welcome. I am always thinking of my buddies in my worldwide buddy and sissyhood.

The darkness worships the light. I like that phrase. When your not dark anymore, you can stop worshipping. SaintSatan

Funny how at first the JWs seemed to bask in light. Then the light dimmed to dark gloom. Now we're all finding the light. Go towards the light.

Thank you..love it...going to look for this one in my Cd catalog....I need to recapture these sorts of feelings again--I used to have them a long time ago...Cyber-Sista

If you have the CD, Sista and you listen to the song, let me know what you think of the arrangement. I'd love to know.

beautiful lyrics... thank you! Sassy

You're welcome, Sassy.

Often I am driving and trying to scribble down lyrics at the same time that are so meaningful so I can share them with my husband or he's calling me from work telling my to turn on a certain radio station to hear what's playing. I think some of these songwriters were once US. This is on another vein - but I used to think Bono would make a good JW. Now I hope he continues to be a not at home in the territory. 4JWY

4JWY, I do the same thing. I try to remember a bit of the song and then I look the lyrics up on the net. Andy and I share lyrics, too.

I hope Bono stays far away from Prince and Larry Graham as well.

On my way home a while ago from Easter dinner, I played the song for my 19 year old son. When it got to the part that said: I want to do all the things that I never have done. My son said,"Like:celebrate my birthday."

I'm glad you all enjoyed this. I love your responses. Thank you.

Flyin'

• azaria
    azaria

Thanks for the lyrics. You don't have to be a witness to appreciate the words. I have two of his CD's but haven't heard this song. Judging from the long hair, it must be an old song. I always loved Leader of the Band, Longer, and Run for the Roses. I think we can all relate to the words below. I feel right now that I am at a cross road in my life.

Once in a vision I came on some woods
    And stood at a fork in the road
    My choices were clear yet I froze with the fear
    Of not knowing which way to go
    Oh, one road was simple acceptance of life
    The other road offered sweet peace
    When I made my decision
    My vision became my release

• Gopher
    Gopher

<<< A big Dan Fogelberg fan here.

Thanks for passing along these very thought-provoking lyrics. As usual, the son of "the leader of the band" is on target.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit