Went To The Quick Build

by Undecided 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Waste of time Sad, these guys aren't interested in the facts.

• blondie
    blondie
    If the hall is sold the money goes back to the WTS as another donation. Payment 3

If the hall is sold, the money is used to either:

Build a new hall or purchase an existing building to remodel. It does not go back to the WTS.

This may be in conjunction with one or more congregations that will use the same building

The "ownership" of the hall is not shared legally among the congregations though.

Only the congregation who holds the territory the KH is in forms the corporation of 3 elders who have legal ownership. Any other congregations sharing the building have no legal ownership and depend on the "fairness" of the congregation that is the incorporated owner.

This is the situation that I am aware of and have confirmed in the last few months with several elders.

The WTS has tried to "direct" the use of monies held by several congregations in this area. All of them have ignored the WTS. The WTS has nothing legal they can do. Of course, we know that they can threaten to take away privileges from recalcitrant elder bodies.

Blondie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

SWEETHEART DEAL

Where did my money go???

Most of it was Swindled by the $ociety . As donations to the kingdom hall building fund, I mean megabucks. I made a Lot of money working 20 years in the construction trade unions.[since 1972]

I find out post-exit, that the K-Hall building "Slush fund" is just another Watchtower ripoff racket. They get the monies from donors like me. They loan the money.

AT INTEREST.

to the congregations, THEN THE IVORY TOWER HOLDS THE TITLE TO THE HALL!! What a sweetheart deal.

I gave All my 'disposable income' to the WT$,the only reason I'am not broke and homeless today.Is because I'am living off my Union pension and my disability social security.

The WT$ wasn't able to swindle me out of my pension money only because they couldn't get at it.They did get all of my annuity IRA savings.

[[[[ The building of a Kingdom Hall ?quick-build? is impressive, but many Witnesses and outsiders do not realize that this is also makes for clever economics. Few people except the religious will devote free time to putting up a building, but Witnesses can do it, and since non-baptized helpers are always present, it affords those reluctant to go door-to-door additional opportunities to ?get their monthly time in,? as is required to be considered a Jehovah?s Witness.

The local Witnesses benefit, since it cuts the cost of their loan from the Watchtower Society to get the land, and the Watchtower benefits, not only from the publicity but they also now own more property and buildings (No, the local Witnesses will never own it.). The Watchtower is big money, being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year. That?s just from one of their many corporations. ]]]]]]

Undaunted Danny, "official" Watchtower Whistle Blower www.DannyHaszard.com

• rawdata
    rawdata

Seems everyone's got a little bit different take on this. This is what you get when dealing with an organization that thrives on the legalistic. While it's been about six years since I've been to one, I was heavily involved with the local quick-builds for about ten years. Over the years it appeared to me that nearly every one was different. I'm talking about how their financed and ownership and all that. It seemed like they changed the rules every year. In order to even build a KH, the congregation had to be incorporated as a nonprofit organization. Once the loan was paid off, MOST congregations corporations owned the KH and property free and clear. While I don't understand the legalities (when it comes to the Borg who can?) there are SOME KH's that the the society did own, but that was the exception. HOWEVER, It still seemed like the Society made out with some cash one way or another.

I generally had a good time at those quick-builds. However, the gross lack of safety really bugged me. They changed rules to try to improve safety (I think some non-witnesses complained) but it didn't really help much. This really grated after working in the big house for years and the stress they put on saftey there. Of course they only did that cause they had to, those pesky OSHA rules. O.K. I think I'll stop there before I get off topic.grr..

• Quotes
    Quotes

===================
    Seems everyone's got a little bit different take on this. This is what you get when dealing with an organization that thrives on the legalistic.
    ===================

I'm just glad we can discuss these things in the open -- something we couldn't do when we were "in" the Borg.

Of course, the very fact that there is so much confusion about this only demonstrates the lack of transparency in these matters.

As I said to a JW, years ago, who defended the WT against my claim that they have a helluvalotta money & assets, "Well, perhaps you're right and perhaps I'm right. Of course, it would be easy to put this one to bed, if WT would just publish an annual Balance Sheet."

~Quotes, of the "waiting for the new US Sarbanes-Oxley laws to catch up with the WT directors" class.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

For those who feel rather sentimental over the "quick builds" I would suggest getting involved with a "Habitat For Humanity" Build. It's a great opportunity to get to make new friends and it's lots of fun. The persons getting the house also help.

• blondie
    blondie

Great idea, LoverofTruth! A way to take a negative and make it a positive.

Blondie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

""""For those who feel rather sentimental over the "quick builds" I would suggest getting involved with a "Habitat For Humanity" Build. It's a great opportunity to get to make new friends and it's lots of fun. The persons getting the house also help."""" Regarding above post.Excellant suggestion. Don't mind me friends i'am just pissed they got all my money.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I never got the chance to go to a quick build. In our area, they had a rule that you had to be "in good standing" to be invited to a quick build. I was working full time and taking care of five kids, so I could only manage 7 hours of field service a month. That kept me out of the the "good standing" catagory, because you had to make at least 10, according to our PO's reckoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit