Went To The Quick Build

by Undecided 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I just returned from the building site of the new KH. I had never seen a quick build.

It kind of made me sad, I saw so many old friends that I used to know. Most of them have children that are grown, several married to each other. I hadn't seen them for years and didn't know they even had children. It seems the young ones in this congregation are staying with the JWs.

There was a 70 year old sister laying brick. I knew them about 40 years ago in another congregation. One of the men I had studied with said he remembered me giving several parts on the meeting, all on the same night and doing it well.

They are including a small kitchen in the KH. I never heard of that before.

It was interresting, but I could never go back into that cult and have them try to control me again. And to think, the WT society will own it all, when all the work and money was contributed by hard working people.

From an outward appearance it seems they are a happy bunch, but I wonder if everything is as it seems. I was welcomed, but I wonder if they know my real view of the borg? Time will tell.

Ken P.

• Jesika
    Jesika

When I was still "in" I went with my father on several quick builds. Since my dad worked in constuction back then he was always asked to attend the builds.

I used to have such pride in those builds, seeing so many ppl coming together for a common cause, and to accomplish so much in such a short time.

Now....I view them as just another KH to destory someone's life. It is sad to see ppl you used to know from a long time ago and know they dont have a clue.

All you can do is live your life best you can and know you are finally truely free.

Jes

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

I used to love going to the quick builds when I was still a JW. We had quite a few over a short space of time here in Scotland. So sad thinking back that not one of us understood how it was financed or whom it would really belong to - makes you feel very cheated.

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

having no windows in a kingdom hall really bothers me

i heard it was to keep the devil in and god out

i noticed brothers seem to enjoy building these

• Undecided
    Undecided

They have windows in this KH. There are 4 on each side of the hall. I'll post a picture when they get it done. They were lost in shipment and it is preventing them from finishing the brick work right now. I don't know if they are clear or not. It's on a really nice location out in the country, not far from where I grew up.

My family and I are responsibile for about 25 or more of the ones in the congregation. I hope they don't try to get even with us if they ever learn the real "truth", what ever that is.

Ken P.

• Sassy
    Sassy

those were just rumors that someone made up about keeping demons out.. most KH that do not have windows simply do it for insurance and less chance of theft.

I remember some quick builds and they were happy experiences.. there are many memories that are pleasant when I was a witness.. but those memories were not the lies... they were the people who didn't know any better than me and believed and gave of their lives and hearts.

• patio34
    patio34

Dear Ken P.,

You seem a bit wistful.

Slap!!! Get over it!! Just kidding---it's one-step psychiatry. It says "psychiatric help $.05."

This statement shows you're not going to be fooled into re-joining:

It was interesting, but I could never go back into that cult and have them try to control me again. And to think, the WT society will own it all, when all the work and money was contributed by hard working people.

Every once in a while, I feel a twinge for the fine humans I knew at the hall who will barely acknowledge me now, tho I'm not df'd or anything.

Thanks for sharing.

Pat

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

There's a new KH in my area that has windows. A big picture window. When I drove by last week, I could see people standing up and singing. It was very weird seeing a window there.

CountryGuy

• Maverick
    Maverick

I have a construction business and the J-duds were always trying to put the touch on me to do work at the Quick Builds. I hated them! These people were very inefficient and I was always worried some child or sister would get hurt on site. I stopped taking my work truck because they would just help themselves to my tools and I would find some ten year old hitting dirt clogs and rocks with my $30 framing hammer! It's tough to be a master craftsman and have a retired grocer telling you how he wants this wall built or that opening framed and he is holding the prints upside down! All for the WatchTower demi-gods! Maverick

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Maverick, and others, those of us who have seen the bumbling, ego boosters at a KH build, know.

I saw more waste of materials due to brothers not following directions, brothers in charge that could not read a plan, brothers who thought they had a better idea, brothers who made purchases of material independently then found it did not go with the plan, brothers who decided to do it their way and had to tear it out and do it over....

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit