Do teenage JW's have a higher suicide rate?

by thomas3004 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Corvin
    Corvin
    i can not belive that people say these things! Yes our religion is striced but ,i as a 16 year old boy, can say that we do not miss out! Oh yaeh we do.....on aids and all other S.T.D.`s we miss out and drugs and becoming heroin adicts, we miss out on un-wanted pregnacies, we miss out on having to have our stomach pumped every saturday night because we ve been out and drank to much! YES we miss out on alot!

Young man, there are many many "worldly" people who also miss out on those terrible things you mentioned and it has nothing to do with being a worshiper of Jehovah. You have been conditioned to believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses are free of these afflictions. That is simply not true. You should know that there is a very high rate of fornication, adultery, drug & alcohol abuse, teenage/premarital pregnancy, child molestation and lying among the members of the congregations. I knew "pioneer brothers" who would get so drunk the night before and you could find them faithfully standing on a street corner (doing streetwork) in Downtown San Diego barfing their theocratic guts out into the gutter with a Watchtower in hand. You don't know what you are talking about.

Corvin

• Corvin
    Corvin

We should not just address actual successful suicides, but also talk about the high rate of severe depression and suicidal thoughts that go through a JW teen's head. All three of my daughters have gone through it, one attempted suicide, I attempted suicide as a teen, and two of my daughters are still battling severe depression, social anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

Corvin

• Poztate
    Poztate
    i think i know, we are NOT i repeat NOT a cult!

AIR HEAD to all the areas of this forum and spend some time THINKING and investigate what is being said.

In addition go to sites such as www.freeminds.org When you have finished doing that and doing it with an open mind come back and give us your findings.

POZ.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Isn't it strange how every so often somebody pops up here with terrible grammar and insists that we are completely wrong about the dubs?

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit