Where is my study copy of the WATCHTOWER???

by boa 13 Replies latest jw friends

• boa
    boa

k, so i'm not really lookin for it so settle down please everyone!

but really, am I the only one that would be tripping on watchtowers and awakes and when it came to sunday morning and you had to get your shite together tout de suite , THERE WASN'T THE RIGHT WT TO BE FOUND ANYWHERE?!?

Just me have this happen folks???

I remember regularly getting in a unholy rage, stomping around looking for the required rag, and that there were tons of wt mags for the previous studies and the ones after but not the one needed! Was it God trying to save us from the WTS? (snick snick)

boa

no longer in an unholy rage, uhhhh, for the above reason anyway

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Reminds me on a funny experience some years ago. At the WT-study i realized i took the wrong with me. So i looked into my wife's ones but that also appears to be a wrong one - though different from mine.

• boa
    boa

heh heh, I definitely was of the 'faker' class if I had forgotten my copy - i'd sooner use something else than ask for a correct one.

Of course, there is the old 'does anyone need a copy' at the beginning of the meeting, which no doubt is done to try and be helpful, but also tells everyone who the poor saps are who forgot.

boa

btw, is it wrong to put another mag inside the study article wt (after you've read the whole damn thing during the study anyway) and catch up on the new issues?

• pudd
    pudd

Just about every week I had the same expiriance of trying to find the right w/t! Only I had to find 5 of them for the whole family!

Now enjoying being able to relax on a sunday morning!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I hated when I missed so many meetings that I realized (once they stopped the mag subs) that I never got my magazines and HAD no WT to look for!!

I remember one time being mad at SimpleSally because I had no magazine and wanted to come and get an extra from her.. she was so busy playing a game online that she wasn't responding to my chat request.. and I needed to drive to her house to get it THEN.. in order to get back in time to get to the KH (we lived 30 -45 minutes drive apart one way) I got pissed and thought how rude that she would think a game was more important than taking a break and looking for the magazine for me to see if I could come and get one... so I got mad and thought screw it.. and didn't go to the hall..

in the end it all works out.. doesn't it??

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Of course, there is the old 'does anyone need a copy' at the beginning of the meeting,

Taht one saved me more times than I can remember!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I always felt so ashamed that I didn't have one.. that often if I didn't.. I used it as a reason to stay home

• blondie
    blondie

Imagine being at the WT study and the conductor had prepared the wrong WT.

We always brought all our extra WTs for that week's ssue to the KH to be handed out to those who forgot or lost theirs. Kept the piles down at home.

Overheard at the KH, "No, you can't have my copy, it has all the answers in it."

Blondie.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Yes, its all too familiar ... the magazines before and after were always hanging around ... but the ones needed were somehow missing ... we at times went to the Hall and had to borrow one magazine from the Lit. counter for our family of six to share ( my wife and I) while the kids just had to listen in. Oddly enough the following week the magazines would appear, but only to replace the new missing magazines. Maybe God was trying to tell us something.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is how I solved that problem... everytime I got the latest issues, I would immediatly put one WT and one Awake in my little Ministerial Servant Book Bag.

At no time did I actually read the magazines. I just carried them around with me to every meeting. Every year or two I would purge them all from my book bag and start the process all over again.

So every meeting I was prepared for the study.... in the sence that I had a magazine in my hand.... but even that is very hard to do when you are asleep.

I got a lot of great sleep at those meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit