Jesus and Satan are brothers.....says WTBTS

by gumby 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

That's right Minimus.......Satan was a wussy. He was a bawlbaby too.........crying all the time.

Would Jehovah then set aside his grand plan to destry Satan as was laid out in just about every Bible book from Genesis to Revelations

His grand plan was layed out before he made the two boys.

His 'grand plan' included all of mankind to suffer for 4 thousand years, his son to die a horrible death, then another 2 thousand years for man to suffer. God knew Satan would fall before he created him because god knows all BEFORE it happens according to the bible. God didn't believe in abortions and so he had to let Satan be born.

Guminimus

• gumby
    gumby
    All of the angels were Jehovah's children, and some turned bad

The problem Nos, is that this "family" gave birth to Satan and Jesus. Who was this family? The angels had not been created before Jesus.....as he was the first thing created. Who was it that gave the boys a birth?

Gumby

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, I see what you mean Gumby. I had to go back and re-read the thread.

Maybe Jehovah had an imaginary family. Personally, I never thought Jehovah was all there in the first place.

Maybe Jehovah has a split personality? Oh wait, the Trinity thing disqualifies that.

So, I've come to the conclusion that Jehovah is retarded.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe god should have waited a few infinities before he had a family. It sounds like he was a bit rash/reckless, doing so before he was ready for family responsibilities, so that much of his 'family' ends up having to suffer for it.

SS

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Is this any worse than the christian doctrine that Jesus is god and that as god he created the worst evil in history?

Whether Jesus is created as in JW theology or God as in most christian theology, in most cases he is the one that created satan. As the creator of satan, he bears responsibility for the evil he unleashed. THough JWs try to get around it by making statements like "he made himself satan," that is a poor excuse indeed.

• gumby
    gumby
    THough JWs try to get around it by making statements like "he made himself satan," that is a poor excuse indeed

He made himself satan because he was created with the choice to become Satan. According to dub theology.....and others...........he too had freewill. Would you or I create something with the potential to destroy miilions of lives........if we could avoid it? If you could create an automobile that would NEVER kill anyone, would you? Or.....would you create an automobile with the potential than millions could be killed if they didn't follow instuctions? Jesus seems to have chosen the latter with humans involved instead of cars.

Gumby

• robhic
    robhic

Gumby sez:

*** w70 7/15 438 Obedience the Desired Course ***

21) Not all children turn out the same way or for good. Jehovah's heavenly family had two outstanding sons that are brought to our attention in the Bible-one turned out bad. He made himself Satan the Devil. (Job 1:6; 2 Cor. 11:3, 14; John8:44; 1 John 3:8; Rev. 12:9)

Interesting. I looked up the cited verses above and I can't figure how the ones that are shown have any bearing on the statement that Jesus and Satan were brothers. Job is a maybe to some slight degree:

Job 1:6

Now it came to pass on the day when the sons of God came to present themselves before Jehovah, that Satan also came among them.

But it still is a long way from actually saying that JC and satan were brothers. The others scriptures are even worse. They only talk bad about ole satan and "dog" him for being a deceiver and such. No familial bonds that I could see. Am I missing something here?

Robert

• shotgun
    shotgun

I thought all things other than Jesus were have supposed to have been created by Jesus under Gods direction....this should at least make Jesus Satan's Uncle......Uncle Jesus.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    Jesus was the FIRST thing Jehovah created.Then, Jesus made everything else .

This means Jesus would actually be Satan's father.

Jehovah's heavenly family had two outstanding sons

With this quote, the fact that are each are a son makes sense (it did not say they were brothers), but this also means Jehovah is Satan's grandfather.

Now I'm really confused...

Bryan

• gumby
    gumby
    Interesting. I looked up the cited verses above and I can't figure how the ones that are shown have any bearing on the statement that Jesus and Satan were brothers

Surprise!

95% of scriptures used in watchtower articles have absolutely NO BEARING on it's context.

If you were to tell this belief to any theological wizard.......they would laugh their arse off!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit