Why Did You Leave "The Truth"?

by Corvin 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• five_crew
    five_crew

As a df'd person, I can tell you, Jw's say they don't gossip, but they do. I was df'd and I got all kinds of letters from so called "sisters" telling me all the gossip surrounding my stand. These reasons ranged from being pregnant to having a split personality. I thought they weren't even supposed to mention your name?

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Welcome bem!

Why did you leave the truth?

To become an optimist and to welcome the individuality of all into our lives

I would like to thank you all for helping us on our journey.

4JWY

• Gollum
    Gollum

I woke up one morning and realized I was an agnostic/possibly atheist. The cognitive dissonance finally collapsing in on itself gave me an awful headache and I just decided this was not going to work anymore. Then I just walked away.

• ball.
    ball.

• Urbanparadise
    Urbanparadise

Gadget,

like the smilie

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Count me among the dubs who self-righteously thought that apostates are just people who don't want to live up to Jerhover's standards and so they become overly critical and lose sight of "the more important things".

But fortunately some of this self-righteousness started to wear off as I became more and more aware of just what a screwy bunch of people I was surrounded by. I remember sitting at meetings thinking "I can understand why some people get burnt out on all of this and quit" and soon this led to thinking "this religion makes people crazy!". This was around the time when the internet really started exploding, and the "admonishments" and "counsel" from the org about apostates became more and more frequent and shrill, reaching a peak at the 2001 DC drama "Warning Examples for Our Day." I quit attending meetings a few months after that, just couldn't take the sheer stupidity of it all anymore.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Bem,

I sent you a "pm." In case you don't know it means "private message," and you can access it by clicking on "Inbox" that is in the upper left-hand corner of this screen (right below the name of the site).

Anyway, there's also a very long thread at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx that lists many resources for your reading pleasure about the JWs.

Pat

• aunthill
    aunthill

I left because they were wrong and I couldn't continue to support the lies.

Welcome, Bern. May you find inner peace and healing here.

Aunthill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit