Why Did You Leave "The Truth"?

by Corvin 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Corvin
    Corvin

Lurkers come in and out of this forum. Some lurkers suddenly have bouts of righteous indignation and become Trolls that lash out at some of the subject matter posted here by x-jw's. They accuse many of "leaving Jehovah" for fleshly desires. They assert that fornication, drugs, alcohol, homosexuality and the like have a much stronger hold on xjw's than Jehovah's Holy Spirit. They point their sanctimonious finger at us and say that we have turned our back on Jehohah and his organization for the works of the flesh.

To the lurking JW's and Trolls who are in good standing with Jehovah's organization; this is for you.

Do you presume that all who leave the organization do so out of love for the works of the flesh? It stands to reason that you would believe that when all you hear from the platform at the local Kingdom Hall is that one or the other has been disfellowshipped for such things.

Have you ever considered that some have left the organization and have actually taken a stand against it out of conscience? Have you ever considered that those, especially with positions in the congregation, those charged with shepherding the flock, have left for something other than pride, the desire to commit sin or because Satan has taken hold of them? Ask yourself; "why would someone so faithful and spiritual suddenly change and leave the congregation? Why would such a person deliberately and willingly allow himself/herself to be cut off from the only religion, the only friends and family, the only god they ever knew? Why would that person willingly submit to having their good name and standing besmirched and blackened, when it has taken them a whole lifetime to build that good name and everything that their loved ones associate with it?"

No, you will never hear from the platform, or from one of the publications, about the brother or sister who left the organization and sufferred emotional anihalation because their Bible trained conscience would not allow them to believe, enforce or teach things to others that were clearly in conflict with the truth about God's Word. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have never, and neither will they ever admit to their errors and the administering of judicial punishment to those who question those errors and humbly ask for an explanation of their (the WTBTS's) actions in order that they might somehow reconcile with the organization and continue to preach the WTBTS's viewpoints on the Bible and God. Instead, the Governing Body directs that all those who even question their authority be put out of the organization.

A slave is not greater than his master is he? Does the Governing Body presume to place itself and its views above Christ Jesus and God's Word, the Bible? Or do they humbly admit their mistakes, just as they counsel us to do with each other, asking for forgiveness? No, they do not.

Not every xjw who leaves the organization has done so out of pride and arrogance. They do so because they take righteous exception to the Governing Body's pride and arrogance . . . their blatant lack of humility before Jehovah, His son Christ Jesus, and the great crowd of sheep they are charged with caring for.

If you are new here, then you must have some doubts, no? Please consider some fundamental and logical truths. Ask yourself, "am I in the truth . . . is the truth in me?"

Best Regards,

Corvin

• Gadget
    Gadget

I left because I looked at the jw reaoning, and it did not make sense to me, I didn't believe what they were telling me. I became a jw because I was brought up a one, otherwise I would not have done so.

• kls
    kls

Very good for lurkers and troll's and i hope every time someone comes here that they see the org. for what it is but some are just to scared and blind.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    Do you presume that all who leave the organization do so out of love for the works of the flesh?

Corvin, ya gotta admit that some of those works of the flesh feel pretty darn good.

I was tired of being told that questions about matters of faith were un-Christian.

I was tired of being told that ambition was un-Christian ... kinda like when I was making plans for college & was asked "Why bother with college, Dan? This system will be over before you get your degree and find a job." Yeah, well ... I got that bachelor's degree in 1986. Glad I didn't listen to them.

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Because it wasn't

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Because I came to love Christ (as well as my "Father"), which lead me to later realise that what I though was "the Truth" wasn't (John 14:6).

That's how it happened to me...

• ball.
    ball.

Hi LittleToe, its me, how are you these days old chap?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Good, thanks. I had to ask someone what had happened to you, at which point the connection was made and an explanation given.
    Missed ya at the Fest.

How's it going with you?

• ball.
    ball.

I have been keeping a low profile, but I assure you I will be alive and awake! for the yearly BBQ. Who knows, even ballistic may be back! On a side note, I know I have never had a religious discussion with you, but I want you to know I still have a very spiritual side, even though far removed from the witnesses or any similar interpretation, more of a new age personal kind.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Because I did not believe what they were teaching. I thought it was BS not "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit