Serena Williams

by New day 20 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I made a comment in the  the letters to the editor section of our newspaper pointing out the absurdity of her comment, it will be interesting to see if it gets published .

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos
    The current wt bible reading deals with Gideon and his reduced 300 men force, - routing the Midianites, or, David & Goliath; or, "The foolish things" beating the intellect of "the World" . To credit the creator of the cosmos with suspending the laws of physics to give one of the "williams brothers"* the upper ., er , back-hand, is childish.  * no offense to the male gender, quote from a Russian source. 
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

And just look at how those prayers are being answered! She must have forgotten her NWT for this Sports Illustrated shot. And don't forget that she admits to having several personalities, and each has its own name! So, Jehovah helps with Serena's tennis problems, but not her multiple personality problems. Something stinks!

alt

Atlantis!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well I think it's ridiculous her thanking God for her tennis win. When I was a believer it baffled me to see sports stars and celebrities claiming that they were JWs. Now it doesn't surprise me cos I know it's all fake.

Kate xx 

I always loved how these JW girls were waving the American flag.

• steve2
    steve2
    I'd expect that a number of older JWs will feel really embarrassed by her thanking Jehovah for her win - younger JWs won't batt an eyelid though.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

she admits to having several personalities, and each has its own name

Bizarre. I just Googled this and found several other celebrities making the same claim. Most do not describe the syndrome known as Dissociative Identity Disorder, but rather their imagination. Maybe Serena is doing it to copy them.

• watson
    watson
    It's kind of a mock humility taught by religious leaders.  Give glory to God by thanking him, so you don't think too much of your accomplishments.
  • Juan Viejo2
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm a believer(not JW) and that kind of attribution to God annoys me. Whether it is sports, war, or winning the pillsbury bakeoff. I guess I don't have the same way of believing that some do, but I think God is neutral about whether the Patriots or Seahawks win. As a person from Seattle, I could say we were robbed. . . but I really just left the tv on to say I watched it. I did see my first half-time show(not in re-runs or online). Kinda boring, though I think that Katy Perry girl is a cute entertainer.

Man, I sound like my mom. I'm getting so old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit