Quotes of Wisdom

by LadyBug 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

We see possibilities in others, but do we ever dream of the possibilities within ourselves? -Unknown

What I admire in Columbus is not his having discovered a world but his having gone to search for it on the faith of an opinion. -Unknown

You can let bad times make you bitter --or better. -Unknown

You can't hug your kids too much. -Unknown

• Introspection
    Introspection

A flute, with no holes, is not a flute. A donut, without a hole, is a danish. -Chevy Chase in Caddy Shack

Ok seriously, I'll post some when it comes to me.

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease."--Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• esther
    esther

If a man does his best, what else is there? -General George S Patton

The great composer does not set to work because he is inspired, but becomes inspired because he is working. Beethoven, Bach, Mozart settled down day after day to the job at hand with as much regularity as an accountant settles down each day to his figures. They didn't waste time waiting for inspiration -E Newman

esther

• esther
    esther

Things do not happen; things are made to happen -John F Kennedy

Good timber does not grow with ease; the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees -J Willard Marriot

Most bold change is the result of a hundred thousand tiny changes that culminate in a bold product or procedure or structure -Thomas Peters

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them -Walt Disney

esther

• esther
    esther

Nothing much happens without a dream. For something really great to happen, it takes a really great dream -Robert Greenleaf

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination -Tommy Lasorda

Be like a postage stamp. Stick to something until you get there -Josh Billings

Many of life's failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up -Thomas Edison

esther

• esther
    esther

Nothing can stop a man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude -W.W.Ziege

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain -Dolly Parton

Courgage is not hte absence of fear; rather it is the ability to take action in the face of fear -Nancy Anderson

esther

• esther
    esther

Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere -Evan Esar

You may have the loftiest goals, the highest ideals, the noblest dreams, but remember, nothing works unless you do -Nido Qubein

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. -Thomas Jefferson

I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun -Katherine Hepburn

• Francois
    Francois

How odd of God
    To Choose the Jews. Odgen Nash

It is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day than to produce the occasional bon mot. Balzac

I like young girls. Their stories are shorter. Thomas McGuane

I belong to Bridegroom's Anonymous. Whenever I feel like getting married, they send over a lady in a housecoat, fuzzy slippers, and curlers to burn my toast. Dick Martin

When a woman behaves like a man, why can't she behave like a nice man? Dame Evans

Men are those creatures that have two legs and eight hands. Marilyn Monroe

Shall I stop now?

Francois

• waiting
    waiting

If someone says "It's not the money, it's the principle," it's the money. - Angelo Valenti

Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive. - Josephine Tey

How come it's a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents' worth in? Somebody's making a penny. - Steven Wright

And a poem:

I'm tired of Love:
    I'm still more tired of Rhyme.
    But Money gives me pleasure all the time.
    - Hilaire Belloc

Really, on a personal level - "Live and Let Live" would be my favorite goal.

waiting

• esther
    esther

Learning new things won't help the person who isn't using what he already knows, -Anonymous

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. -Mark Twain

Don't be discouraged by failure. Failure, in a sense, is the highway to success because every discovery of what is false leads us to seek after what is true. And every fresh experience points out an error which we shall, afterwards, carefully avoid. -John Keats

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit