How do Americans feel about Canadians and Britons interjecting their opinions onto hot localized political topics: gun laws, abortion, ect?

by adjusted knowledge 50 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

In addition to the above question, Why do citizens of the two above mentioned countries, or other countries, feel the necessity to tell Americans how they should interpret the American Constitution for localized issues?

I fairly much have an idea what the general population in the USA feels in regards to the first question. This could be one of the possible reasons CNN Piers Morgan poor ratings and eventual firing. He insisted in interjecting his personal politics about gun ownership. I feel many Americans are put off by a Briton telling them how to interpret the Second Amendment.

For the second question, I can understand for those who vacation here or have family here. Our laws, gun culture and such would impact the later. I definitely can understand a strong opinion on Wars or other matters that impact the global community. But I, as an American, have had discussions with both Britons and Canadians, and though it is a generalization, they seem to be of the feeling of moral superiority on at least the topic of gun laws. But what I have found is some of the ignorance that people have of American gun laws including on this form. 

Not trying to start a debate, though an increase in activity on this site is welcomed, but I generally am curious of people's opinion. I'm not asking for any particular political viewpoint but only how the Americans on this board feel in regards to question one and then for those that fit into the second question.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I've started a few topics on America's insane relationship with firearms. For some reason they don't like me mentioning how psychotic it seems to us Brits.

Not that I need a justification to discuss anything at all but in this case it's because I fear the spread of Americas mentality to our shores.

Keep your gun stupidity to yourselves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Are those counter opinions opposed to your own opinion too damaging or weakening  ?

The issue of open gun ownership is a universal situation in every country and has cultivated its own concern around the world. 

The fact that the US has had a pretty unrestrictive policy regarding gun ownership and the capability of purchasing various guns by its population, which has created a huge number of guns in possession within the population.  As a result causing more acts of deadly violence by the use of guns .    

• cofty
    cofty

All of us ought to have the maturity to welcome observations from people who don't share our perspective.

If I lived in some parts of the USA I would probably have a gun. I am very happy that there is no need to own one in the UK.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    If I lived in some parts of the USA I would probably have a gun.

Be honest Cofty, would you ever move your family to an area where you'd feel the need to own a gun?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The question just might be one of simple probabilities based from the number of guns owned within a population.

Creating a social environment where mentally deranged people having guns in their possession or people who are pushed into state of provocation toward acts of violence.

• cofty
    cofty
    Be honest Cofty, would you ever move your family to an area where you'd feel the need to own a gun?

Not a chance!

• cofty
    cofty
    The question just might be one of simple probabilities based from the number of guns owned within a population.

Canada says otherwise. More guns per capita - less shooting.

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

How about an Aussie perspective? :D

Jim Jefferies - gun control

• cappytan
    cappytan

Guns are awesome and so much fun. 

i love pissing off antis.

if you don't like guns, you're retarded and don't count.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit