I getting bored with this Board

by OlderTom 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

yes I know if I don't like it I can p!$$ off and go somewhere else.

I'm just wondering if it is because I have changed and have gained my freedom from the Watchtower enslavement or I just don't care anymore or is it that I have been exposed to too much of the same old complaints about the Borg and all the false prophecies and the lies?

I must admit I still get pleasure from reports of the Watchtower walls starting to crumble al over the civilized world so I guess I'll continue to pop in from time to time.

As far as trying to de-program and rescue the poor unfortunate brainnumbed Watchtower slaves, I think it's a total waste of time after all how do get through to people who prefer to believe in the lies when they know they are lies but they just don't want to see the real truth about the "truth(TM)"

I gues they don't want to see the REAL truth because it would force them to start thinking for them selves again and for some people that is just too much of a burden to bear.

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

Older Tom

I have been exposed to too much of the same old complaints about the Borg and all the false prophecies and the lies?

I feel like that sometimes, thats why I don't read everything on the board. I don't want to become bitter (anymore than I already am )

I gues they don't want to see the REAL truth because it would force them to start thinking for them selves again and for some people that is just too much of a burden to bear.

I agree, its easier to let someone else do their thinking for them.

If you do leave, don't forget us, come back and visit sometimes.

BEW

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Tom: I have been out of the organization for 9 years. For me it was never about hearing the same arguments against the WTS, or hoping that somehow JWs in general will suddenly hop onto the Internet and get the truth. Here is why I post and what this is about for me.

I gave 25 good years to a total fraud and lie. I am free, but I also want to take something back:

1. Help those leaving the JWs to find their own way.
    2. Make use of the powerful Internet tool to help people Before they join the WTS.
    3. Help with the Pedophile issue so that the WTS will be held accountable and hopefully legally liable.

Am I wasting my time? No. The time I spend is not much, about 10 hours a month, and I don't have to go to meetings. I can be very efficient with what I do ... and I take time away as I need to.

I helped 15 people become JWs. Before I die, I hope to help 1,500 to leave, whether I do this directly or indirectly. I plan to take back with interest what they took from me ... time ... by helping people save their time and not give it to the WTS fraud.

The Watch Tower's religion's main resource and Most vital and cherrished asset is people ... They are leeches on the people ... and it is people that I am concerned for ... and it is the one asset I will claim back. They can keep the money and time I spent. But the people ... the children ... for me, it is war. It is a war to help people get their own personal thinking ability and freedom of choice back ... not to follow a person or organization ... but to follow their own dreams.

I did not arrive at this point until I started posting the Justice Series about a year ago, especially the Pedophile issue. Then, SilentLambs showed up, behind the scenes at first, then last January out in the open. I have been working with him ever since about last October or so.

When I die, I plan to leave this world a little better than when I entered, and one way of doing that is to see to it people understand the nature of cults, and hopefully there will be fewer JWs. Or maybe the WTS will change enough because they are forced to, and then the JWs will become something that starts to resemble Christianity.

That is why I post and stay on forums, and engage in all sorts of other activity. I still have a life, I am not going to cheat myself out of anything. I take time to myself, I write, I enjoy a good scotch, and a fine cigar once in a while ... I go to movies, live theatre, visit the beaches of Lake Michigan and when I am visiting my home state, I go to the ocean ... I mow the lawn, fix things around the house, work hard at my career to help people with their investment properties, and I can may all the filthy lucre I wish, and go to sports events ... and most of all be with people that I love and care about ... and many of those people are right here in these forums. - Amazing

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Amazing,

You are free to serve Satan.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Amazing,

Fine post. Thank you. I get like Older Tom sometimes, but I've only been out for about 1.5 years. So many new ones come to this forum who just left yesterday, last week, etc.

I want to return the favor of the persons who chatted with me - helped me.

waiting

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

*As far as trying to de-program and rescue the poor unfortunate brainnumbed Watchtower slaves, I think it's a total waste of time after all how do get through to people who prefer to believe in the lies when they know they are lies but they just don't want to see the real truth about the "truth(TM)"*

That comment is true for some people. BUT IT WASNT TRUE FOR ME!!!! I ha ABSOLUTLY NO idea it wastn't the absolute truth, if you had known me a year and a half ago you would have lumped me in that catagorie and it would not have been true. I had no clue there was anyting wrong, and the second I found out I left!!!! There are still many like me, MY FAMILY for example that don't have a clue about all teh false hoods and Evilness of the Borg.

It's for those people the ones who like myself want truth, and thought we had it!!! They're the ones that still need us, there the ones we can and will help.

Sometimes it gets discouraging and pointless, but if it wasn't for some of the efforts of these people on line, I would never be where I am to day!!! so on behalf of all the Brainded DUBS, I THANK YOU!!!!

Ven

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Same here, Venice. When I first found the internet, I knew there was a lack of love in the Congregations, and I knew there were problems, but I had absolutely NO IDEA of all the falsehoods, and downright evilness. I really thought it was the "Truth". Crisis of Conscience was an absolute revelation to me. It made a HUGE difference in my life and I only hope I can help others to see it before they too waste precious years of their lives living and believing in a lie.

RCat

• You Know
    You Know

I never liked Ike. / You Know

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Tom the Elder,

Can be a bit boring some days. So are many things. Like the weather, or the daily newspaper or Corn Flakes for breakfast.

What can we do to make it more interesting. How about some thoughtful posts to while away the hours until the news of the Borg's further demise is eventually reported.

How about getting all the Toms to post? What about a double act?!

Are there any more over there we could invite? Or maybe tomorrow will bring 'new light'. Now that'd be interesting, eh?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You Know,

What are you doing still awake? Are you an aussie?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit