First question: Why are JW's ridiculed so much?

by 2good2bad 39 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I just wanted to comment on your statement about trolls. You said: "Why do people on this board seem to think people would go through such extremes as to "troll" a board or change messages I don't know for maybe fear or whatever?"

By their very nature trolls come on to a board to cause trouble, to stir up the members of the board to create friction. Why they do it, I really don't know...some people get off on doing it, some may feel it's a control or power thing. Those are just guesses. Anyway, I'm not saying that you're a troll (I don't even know you...), but trolls are a part of message boards and people who frequent message boards know it. So people on this board are completely justified in their belief of trolls.

Now the belief that you're a troll, may be right or wrong. Time will tell. :D

• Gerard
    Gerard

How many JWs it takes to change a light bulb?

Three. One to change it and two going door-to-door asking if you have seen the light.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    they were actually making fun of them.

I can remember such jokes bantied about but it wasn't about the mormons going door to door. It was because rarely did anyone ever actually see one stop and get off the bike long enough to speak to someone. In all my life I have been called on by mormons a total of maybe twice but I've seen them quite often. So what if someone giggled at another religion what religion doesn't? Its not a big deal or the end of the world but a bit nitpicky. There are far more important things one can find to gripe about.

• Richie
    Richie

One of the fastest growing Christian groups is the Pentecostal movement (Assemblies of God). In about the same period as the Witnesses have increased from 0 to 5 million, the Pentecostals have grown from 0 to 420 million! This increase has occurred in all parts of the world, also in many parts of the Western world. Of the more than six billion people on earth today, about one third are Christians.

Practically all this increase has been accomplished, not through the door-to-door method used by Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons, and some other groups, but through other methods. But is it the preaching method that makes a certain group Christian? The fact is that there is no evidence whatsoever - Biblical or otherwise--to show that the first Christians were involved in some sort of door-to-door activity.

Another feature often pointed to in the Watchtower publications is that Jehovah's Witnesses have been persecuted and sometimes even been killed in some countries. But Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only group that has been persecuted in this century. Totalitarian countries have often persecuted various groups of Christians. In the former Sovjet Union most and sometimes all Christian groups were forbidden and persecuted, and periodically thousands of Christians were killed in campaigns aimed at rooting out religion. On January 27, 1996, Vladimir Naumov, chief of the Russian commission for the restoration of victims of political oppression, revealed that half a million priests had been persecuted by the Sovjet State, over 200,000 of which were killed during the Stalin epoch! That is thousand times the number of Witnesses that were executed during the Nazi regime!

Not only totalitarian Communist countries, but also totalitarian Muslim countries have persecuted Christians and forbidden their activity. Where the activity of the Witnesses is forbidden or restricted by totalitarian governments, the activity of other Christian groups are usually also forbidden or restricted, although we don't read much about this in the Watchtower publications. In fact, more Christians (non-JW's) have died for their faith in the 20th century than in the previous 19 centuries combined! This fact is documented in the book, In the Lion's Den (Nashville, Tennessee: Broadman & Holman Publishers, 1997), written by Nina Shea, director of the Puebla Program division of Freedom House. The persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in the 20th century, therefore, is far from unique or exceptional. Today, cases of persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses are rare and exceptional, as was actually admitted in The Watchtower of December 1, 1998, page 8.

So who and where, then, are the true Christians today? Obviously the same as in every century from the time of Christ, namely, people who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord, Saviour and Teacher, and who may be found in any kind of Christian fellowship that proves to be of help in their endeavour to lead a Christian life.

Richie :*)

• Richie
    Richie

One should be reminded that Jesus referred to Himself as "Son of God" and "Son of man." The designation "Son of God" refers to the deity of Christ and "Son of man" refers to the humanity of Christ.

Phil. 2:5-8 tells us that Jesus, "being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God" and yet He "made himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man?" Those verses show that Jesus was equal with God, yet humbled Himself and took the form of a servant.

Look at John 5:18 and see that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus "because He not only had broken the Sabbath, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God." John 10:30-33 states, "I and the Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered Him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

Isa. 7:14 states, "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel." Matthew 1:23 repeats, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

2 Cor. 5:19 states, "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself?" Col. 1:15-19 reveals Christ as "the image of the invisible God?" Philip asked Jesus in John 14:8, "Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us." Jesus answered in v.9, "Have I been so long with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou Shew us the Father." Isa. 9:6 says, "For unto us a child is born (humanity of Christ), unto us a Son is given (deity of Christ): and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." 1 Tim.3:16 tells us, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Jesus is the Son of God in reference to His entrance into the world in a body of flesh. Luke 1:35 states, "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

• micheal
    micheal
    Re: First question: Why are JW's ridiculed so much?

Actually they're not. It's all in your mind.

Society couldn't give a rat's ass about Jehovah's Witnesses. You just happen to believe everything you are taught. Oh to be young and gullible.

• Richie
    Richie

That's the correct answer in a nut shell Micheal!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

toobad2Bgood,

Prophecy, my son, prophecy. It was written that in the last days there would come moronic part trolls with their creten like questions.

Anyway, What's wrong with mindless imbeciles? Why are mindless imbeciles ridiculed so much? They are a minority group that have been down trodden for too long. Get off their back.

cheeses. Always offering a helping hand to the MIs.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

It's Because they wear suits and ties - Don't they realize the casual look is IN?

• avishai
    avishai

Careful. These are objective questions. I'm merely asking to get opinions. It's not about what I think...BUUUUUUUUUUUT ...since you asked. Not fornicating, commiting adultery, defouling the human body, disassociating yourself from Pagan holidays (Pagans were gods = idolatry (wrong in the bible as well) and all of it's practices, in my opinion, is not "making up" rules.
    You forgot rules like, Smashing babies heads against rocks, (ethnic cleansing, genocide of indiginous peoples by Israel) letting people die because of blood transfusions when there are examples in the bible(King Saul and his men) where they ate blood to save life and were'nt punished, along with Jesus messages about not being to legalistic. You forgot rules like letting people die due to banning vaccinations. You forgot rules like the wts telling the elders not to report child molesting, and threatening parents with disfellowshipping if they reported it. Rules like this have killed countless people. Rules like this make my little brother wake up screaming. Take the good with the bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit