At the Memorial......

by New Castles 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• kozmik
    kozmik

YOU call ME a troll? If thats you in your pic i think you should definately reconsider. And by the way, give the man some credit...so what if his visual wasnt top of the line...he was trying to get the message across.

• New Castles
    New Castles

Are you serious?? Lets look at it from a JW point of view. This is the most important celebration of the year. Theres alot of respect and dignity associated with the occasion. And its ok to flash money from the platform just for the sake of an illustration??? How would a politician or a very prominent businessman look, flashing money while giving a speech to present a point? Not very professional. As this speaker, taking away the decorum of the night, not for me, but for those around me. Everyone talked about it afterwards!

• amac
    amac

Whatever his point, it was not a very tactful illustration that could have easily been misconstrued as bragging about material wealth.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Spot on New Castles.

A cheap flashy stunt that only detracted from a "Holy" night in which any of the "Remnant " feel they are communicating with their Lord.. We may knock the beliefs but at least one shold respect others, on a night of commemoration.

They certainly did not do that here..

In view of Kozmic's confessions in another thread , he is hardly in position to criticize us

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    YOU call ME a troll? If thats you in your pic i think you should definately reconsider.

I'm glad you don't find me attractive. I wouldn't want you developing fantasies about me :D

• sonofapreacherman
    sonofapreacherman

Throw the money (flashers) out of the temple!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

go easy on newbie Kozmic-troll boy - besides I've already told him to go f*** himself in another thread, so we're covered. He hasn't been laid in a while and his frustration is building up to a climax...

Anyway, that is a pretty unual thing -with the wad of cash... I usually expect to see the arms out, balancing the scales type of thing. You know what I mean? Windowcleaning job - that was funny!

• kozmik
    kozmik

Whatever, maybe he shouldnt of...if you dont care for it, then why did you go? your just taking up space

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome Kozmik! You bring out a valid point. You must admit it was not a very dignified illustration. The fact is that the Memorial, which was on the night BEFORE the Passover, is a mockery of the sacrifice Jesus made for mankind. The whole get together is a promotional device designed to fool people into thinking Jehovah's Witlesses are a Christian religion. A thing they are not now, nor have ever been. So if you want to defend the speakers' use of illustration but overlook the lack of validation for the meeting in which it was used, fine! Maverick

• kozmik
    kozmik

I understand the visual wasnt all that great, but why do they attack the first thing that might be wrong...i mean they are totally missing everything it represented and they try to go straight for the juggular.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit