At the Memorial......

by New Castles 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• New Castles
    New Castles

I did make it to the memorial with my wife this past Sunday. At first everything was going the same as always...the talk, the passing of the crackers and wine, but then towards the end the brother giving the speech did something I had never seen. He was talking about how we could never pay a price for what Christ has given for us...he then pulled a big wad of cash with what was clearly either a 20 or 50 on the front and flashed it to everyone in the audience. I almost laughed out loud. I did say "Oh God that was fake" loud enough for my wife and the others on my row to hear me. It was bizarre...Anyone else see or experience anything weird like that in a memorial?? In this one or in previous ones??

• English Patient
    English Patient

LOL

Fortunately I never made it. Do you think he was just trying to show off? He was probably just waving his change purse from windowcleaning.

• New Castles
    New Castles

Oh im sure he was showing off....actually hes in the food business, pretty well off.

• franklin J
    franklin J

some of the JWs I grew up with ( my parents friends) were well off; most were " wannabees"

sad ,really, that most of these people will never amount to anything due to the mind control and devotion to that faith. What a waste of potential and brain power.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure that was a departure from the outline. I wonder if he will get talked to?

Blondie

• kozmik
    kozmik

Have you ever considered the fact that he was trying to prove his point? That not enough CASH (as a symbol) is sufficient enough to even begin to compare to the sacrifice Christ made? I think you are immature.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Have you ever considered the fact that he was trying to prove his point?

Well then, he could give the money to me since I could care less about the memorial.

I think you are immature.

I think you're a robot.

• sonofapreacherman
    sonofapreacherman

Please be kind to kosmik -- we haven't seen one of those in a long time. Muhahahaha.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Please be kind to kosmik -- we haven't seen one of those in a long time. Muhahahaha.

I am being kind! I didn't call him a troll yet ;)

• Gopher
    Gopher

The speaker waved a wad of cash in front of the audience?

I would mark him "weak" on illustrations. That visual aid added nothing to his point.

The bread and wine are enough to illustrate the price paid according to the account.

Actually it sounds like this show-off detracted from the "dignity" of the occasion. Memorials are supposed to be dignified, right? AHEM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit