DO YOU BELIEVE ARMAGEDDON WILL EVER COME?

by Mary 49 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

Given the biblical context, it's likely that Armageddon came in 70 A.D. when the Romans destroyed the city, the temple, the priesthood, all its records and the Jewish system in a devastating defeat from which they've never recovered. In other words, it's history, not some future event.

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

This is a topic i have regularly tried to talk about with my mother who is a practising JW. The truth is that i am young and do not fully understand what i should and shouldnt believe. I have been brought up to believe that there will be a judgement day and that the wicked will be dealt with and the good 'sheep' praised. However, i do not feel as if i can fully accept this.

As somebody pointed out earlier, it seems to just be an easy way out of a desperate sitiuation. It is possible for all to see that the world is a shambles, 'quite literally' and all the power driven men in this world are not going to prevent this. If the so called 'Armageddon' does not come then it is clear that mans destruction will quite simply be the downfall of the earth.

A quite commonly used argument that my mother would use is that the Bible forsees mans downfall and floors. Sure this was predicted but the Bible tendsnto contradict itself in several places. If the Bible was to be taken literally then surely 'Arnageddon' would have already been. I believe that in some cases the bible needs to be read with careful interpretation and care. This is why i cannot fully accept this and instead believe that it is just mans way out of the chaos that they have caused.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I am inclined to agree with the poster that said everyone has there own Armageddon.

Whether the earth itself will be destroyed (in my opinion) could be be determined if some idiot gets hold of the nuclear bomb.

• sparky1
    sparky1

HEY brownboy..........it has been TEN YEARS since your post! How much longer do you want me to wait? I am 59 years old and was told that I would never even get into junior High School before ARMAGEDDON destroyed this system. In 1974 when I became a Bethelite one of the ELDERS in my congregation told me that he envied me for going to BETHEL because it would be the best place to be when ARMAGEDDON struck. He is 77 years old now and he has prostate cancer. Do you still stand behind your statement 100%?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Armageddon came and went in 70 AD

• Mikado
    Mikado

when I first escaperd I can recall wondering what If they were right and armageddon does happen?

i just knew that even if it did come there was something so intrinscly wrong with JWs I couldn't do it, not for one second more.If the big A came so be it, I would live being true to myself.

• Mikado
    Mikado

or even escaped... silly iPad.

• prologos
    prologos

armageddon is in the same book as the talking snake with legs;

armageddon is based , a development of the snake tale.

look at a snake, it has no legs to stand on, so

neither has the tale.

• flipper
    flipper

No

• rjharris
    rjharris

Armageddon is several thousands of years away. It will not occur in this time period, but in a time period AFTER Christs 1000 year kingdom will have ended. (Rev 20:7-8)

Armageddon is NOT a war. It is a PLACE. It is the place being contended over. That place is the earth and who has rightful ownership of it and to establish things upon it.

Armageddon is a battle over the earth!

The declaration of the Good News of the Kingdom by "the angel) will set off Armageddon. (No human will preach any Good News and today whatever one claims is the Good News is a false message and a lie. We are told that one angel will declare the Good News to the world in future days at Revelation 14:6)

Satan will have an established system of government over the earth in the time period AFTER Christs 1000 kingdom ends. The billions of people within that system (The Beast) will love it and will resist any attempts to remove it.

The declaration of the Good News of God's Kingdom (coming down to earth) will disturb the citizens of the Beastly government and they will resist the establishment of God's Kingdom upon the earth. This is what Armageddon is. No carnal weapons will be used as Christ will have restored all of mankind to a state of perfection and mankind will have progressed far beyond use of weapons. This will be an intense spiritual battle that involves where ones true loyalties lie within. Mankind in those future days will not be as we are now. We will be different and far advanced in every way. "Just a little lower than the angels."

The establishment of Satan's throne over the earth will be for the purpose of misleading all of the world and preparing it for battle for what MUST come down to the earth: God's Kingdom. (Rev 2:13 and Rev 13:4)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit