WT illegal doctrine

by itsallgoodnow 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    add that the generals and colonels and sargeants

I can't for legal reasons there is no chain of command that?s why things are like they are. The Watchtower knows if it had a chain of command they could be sued when elders act up. So anything resembling one they dismantled. Every thing is passed by word of mouth mostly. THose that ask for things in writing are considered pest.

After all, it's the elders, etc. who enforce Watchtower doctrine on the R&F. So, why aren't they being held accountable wrongfully disfellowship?

I have no Idea, but it probably has to do with inertia. There is little quality control for the elder body. If an elder reads at a 3rd grade level nobody is going to tell him to step down because he may not be sharp enough to competently take care of the congregation. In a lot of halls that is the case. Many elders barely understand what they are reading, and because the watchtower style is less than straight forward calamity ensues. I was at a hall where the "smart" professional elders (all minorities) were forced to move because of too many catfights with the "good ole boys". It got to a point of publicly dissecting their families before the meetings. Stuff like "isn?t your skirt too short to be an elders wife?" or ?that sweater is a little tight don't you think?. Not in private but before the meetings. The truck drivers won out and the IQ of the hall dropped to room temperature.

I don't mind "wrongful" disfellowshiping as much as the "wrongful" reinstatement is what really bugs me. Some people are back in the thick of it almost instantly disfellowshipings become temporary vacations of hedonism, and others can't get back unless they move. I am sure you know the cases in which people "leave the truth" in reality they planed on coming back the whole time and just felt like having fun.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

No chain of command? Well if that's the case, how can you explain how the elders in every congregation are all on the same page? How is it the elders know to push people to attend more meetings, to make more field service hours and every other command that comes from Brooklyn? The elders are told how to handle things from central command, Brooklyn.

So you're saying there is no accountability, and that's how they set it up. You are probably correct there. But I don't see that strategy working for them long-term. They'll have some legal trouble. Just look at the problems with the child molesters now.

• Flash
    Flash
    Nov 1 1999 questions from readers about voting...

This reminds me of a couple of WT's many years ago with statements that caught my attention, one said 'manipulation for any reason was wrong' and the other condemned the existing dress and grooming standards. This tells me not all the GB is on the same page...Someone is THINKING!

• Farkel
    Farkel

flash,

: This reminds me of a couple of WT's many years ago with statements that caught my attention, one said 'manipulation for any reason was wrong' and the other condemned the existing dress and grooming standards. This tells me not all the GB is on the same page...Someone is THINKING!

Boy, are you clueless.

Farkel

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

We were expressly told that we would be dfd if we voted last gubenatorial election, well after the 99 article. Nothing has changed, it is a step furthur toward public deception.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

What if you were repentant?

Actually anyone one wana tell me how they vote in kingdom halls to amend the articles of corporation or how the GB or Elders decide anything. I think many JWs don't realize they vote for leaders all the time. BTW you can vote anyway if they find out whom you voted for just sue you'll get a windfall.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Thanks XQ's you could be on to something there.

And thanks everybody for your responses. I guess I shouldn't get too excited about policy changes, which are in name only, not in practice.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Too bad the WT doctrine is NOT the word of GOD. But a lot of people think it is!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Too bad the word of GOD is NOT the word of GOD. But a lot of people think it is!

• Mr. Kim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit