WT illegal doctrine

by itsallgoodnow 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

Running man nailed it beautifully and succinctly. A careful reading of that QFR shows that it is a smoke screen. If confronted by government authorities, the WTS can rightly show that QFR and say "See. We clearly state that it is a matter of conscience." The article is cleverly worded to make dubs think that although it may be a matter of conscience, they'd better damn well not exercise it to vote.

Decades after the WTS changed its policy on vaccinations, dubs refused to get them, somehow thinking they would still be breaking "God's" law if they did. I'm sure there are thousands of dubs who'd still refuse to take ANY blood fractions. How many dub wives are refusing to engage in oral sex, because they still think it is "filthy" because of prior bans placed on it by the WTS? It is not a leap of imagination to assert that if the WTS completely lifted their blood ban that some dubs would still die refusing blood needed to save their lives.

Compared with what I've just mentioned, voting is a minor issue, yet it too illustrates the absolute control the vile WT organization has over the minds of those who worship it. And die because of it.

Farkel

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually you demostrated the lack of control the watchtower has. If GW Bush told the troops to come home, but they kept on fighting because they thought it was right would you think he was in control?

• mustang
    mustang

WTS maintains the AMAZING ability to have "Dual Opposing Doctrines(tm)"*. In other words, they "speak with a forked tongue" or "out of both sides of their mouth at once".

What this means is that they say one thing and do another; more specifically, they print one thing and tell you @ KH/CA/DA/CO visit to do another.

If they are called to task by a government/Court/Legal Action they can point to the document that says "see, they are free to vote".

But in reality, if you exercise this privilege, the PO/CO/DO/MS/other Dubs will be all over your butt; this is based on the word-of-mouth/"oral traditions"/Torah of JW's.

Mustang

BTW: * means credited to a certain party.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Actually you demostrated the lack of control the watchtower has. Rubbish. : If GW Bush told the troops to come home, but they kept on fighting because they thought it was right would you think he was in control? George Bush doesn't claim he's the sole channel to and sole spokesman for God. George Bush doesn't tell people that if they question anything he says or does, they lose their eternal salvation. George Bush doesn't tell people who disagree with him that they are possessed by Satan. George Bush doesn't make people sell books and turn the money over to him. So you see, you pulled a typical dub trick: you set up a strawman argument, and just got nailed for it. You won't get away with such shallow tricks in here. Farkel

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

It is not a straw man, but you probably have more respect for religion (I am not calling you religious) in general than I do. In real life they are normal church people, like everyone else. Many here know the facade that JWs have, just because we claim something does not mean we believe it or practice it. Call it false advertising, but that?s the truth. .

• English Patient
    English Patient

Watchtower leaders have laxed various laws, thus making them 'issues of conscience' for Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://www.randytv.com/wtandpolitics.htm

All this in order to suck up to governments around the world, mainly Eastern Europe, firstly so they are not seen as a 'sect' and secondly to save themselves from losing plenty of cash.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    Actually you demostrated the lack of control the watchtower has. If GW Bush told the troops to come home, but they kept on fighting because they thought it was right would you think he was in control?

XQ's I think he was referring to this argument you made above as fallacious. Your comparison is inadequate. English Patient, thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: It is not a straw man, but you probably have more respect for religion (I am not calling you religious) in general than I do.

On the contrary, I despise religion. I think it is by far the worst scourge on humans that exists and ever existed. It has been the cause of more wars, deaths, poverty, illiteracy and human misery than anything else. That's not to say that there are not plenty of good people who are religious. Religious leaders are the problem.

Farkel

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Fine If J.R. Brown told the elders to report child abuse when the law requires it and they didn't would you think he was in control?

Unless elders have secret decoder rings to decipher what the watchtower "really means" then I feel my analogy stands. What ever the rules of the org were when the JW was introduced to the "truth" usually sets their trajectory for the rest of their JW career. So when the WTS says about face it usually takes several years to put the breaks on the beast.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

XQ's -- you really think so?

Still, I don't think your argument stands, unless you add that the generals and colonels and sargeants insisted the soldiers stay and fight. Then maybe...

After all, it's the elders, etc. who enforce Watchtower doctrine on the R&F. So, why aren't they being held accountable wrongfully disfellowship?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit