Hi and a question

by irishayes 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Irishayes, and welcome!

As you've probably noted, people here span the entire spectrum of belief. Personally, I am now an atheist after about 20 years as a JW (raised since my "yoot"). This is what I think - the Watchtower did a pretty thorough job of showing us why all the other religions in the world were "False."

This left only one standing, and when Watchtower methods were employed in evaluating the Watchtower, it too failed the test; magnificently, leaving zero.

Sign me,

"Saved by Zero"

• mustang
    mustang

Irishayes,

Unfortunately, Item #3 (Door #3?) is a fact of life around here.

(I just returned from Asia; I was NOT a missionary or on a mission. But I discovered that the Asians have had BOATLOADS of missionaries land and wreak Holy Havoc on their populations. I also discovered that certain countries now have LAWS that strictly control that sort of thing. I am reviewing my notes for a discussion on that subject.)

Since you don't have "mission" and are not "on a mission", you have my apology. Also, congratulations and a Mustang welcome to the board

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

So, you have come here to learn. That is commendable. But you have picked an inflammatory subject; so, a lesson to be learned is that not all will agree with you.

To wit, observe on this post: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/69282/1.ashx

And further, since my ancestors suffered death or exile over such religious intolerance, here is another thought:

The real purpose of the tRINITY was to be a divisive device :)

It does little good and causes much grief. The early Church used it to flush out the people who could think for themselves and would not conform to the double-think/doublespeak/double-talk of the Priesthood class.

The minute the local thinker blurted out "1+1+1 equals 3, not 1; this is BULLS*&%", the brown-robed Priest raised his hand, snapped his fingers and the black hooded, bare-chested Inquisitor-class axeman came out of the wings and lopped his head off.

The brown-robed Priest smiled with satisfaction, went back to the rectory, poured some sacramental wine, filled out his time-slip (noting one heretic beheaded, in the proper column) and sent in his report to Rome.

And since people were killed in the name of the tRINITY, how can it be of God?? Satan is the one that wants us at each other?s throats. So, the tRINITY is more likely a machination of the Devil!!!

My ancestors have gone through this HOLY INQUISITION. That is why I was born in the USA, not Europe. I don?t have to swallow some doctrine to be politically correct or not get killed, anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit