I missed the memorial? Damn.

by Nosferatu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I gave it absolutely no thought myself...I'm so far removed from their activities these days.

Instead, hubby and I happened to be watching a very interesting and informative narative on the PBS (public broadcasting) channel in the afternoon. It was all about Jesus and his message and how the christian church was first formed, and all the decension and uncertainly. It was quite eye-opening and I hope lots of folks watched this. More and more information is popping up all over the place about the "truth about religion".

My husband looked at me and said "people just don't seem to get it, do they?"...meaning religion is so caught up in the "event" to consider the reasonable and rational explanation.

/<

• franklin J
    franklin J

well, maybe we could bow our heads and say a prayer for those of us who missed the Memorial....

• Carmel
    Carmel

Geeze! I didn't even know it was happen this weekend. Was it Sat or Sun? In any case I was watching basketball or fishin! Tough life, this sinnin!

carm

• Sassy
    Sassy

well I made a nice steak and mushroom dinner .. with twice baked potatoes and sauteed green and red peppers and sweet onion for the vegetable.. poured a nice glass of Merlot.. only to have my bf not come home... so I ate my meal alone..

finished off the bottle of wine (left his glass full by his plate still untouched)...

then walked to the store (bf had my car) and bought another bottle.. (double size this time)

and drank that..

chatted off and on with friends here...

finally got to sleep at 4:30 this morning..

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

No one invited me. The good news is my wife didn't go this year!!!!!!

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

I haven't went in 12 years....no big deal.....

But this is the first time my wife didn't go

She asked me to take her away for the weekend,

we just have returned.....and I don't think we missed

much.

• Surreptitious
    Surreptitious
    Me and my fiance were doing some recording in the studio (aka my livingroom).

Nos, you're gonna send us the video, right?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

That was yesterday?!?! Whatever, sounds like I missed a great talk about the orginization with nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus and such. I'll miss the cake and ice cream afterwards, oh wait I was never invited to that kind of stuff so I won't miss a thing. Here's to sleeping late and masturbating, I do this in rememberance of all the women I've seen through the day...if only they didn't "Advertise, advertise, advertise" their good looks.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i missed it too. i'm having difficulty sleeping now.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I was busy watching the Green Acres marathon on TVLand.

When I realized I'd missed the Memorial, I drank a swig of Diet Dr. Pepper and ate a couple of pork rinds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit