I missed the memorial? Damn.

by Nosferatu 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I completely forgot it was yesterday. I was too busy setting my clocks one hour ahead. Guess I was too involved in worldly things. Satan had a grip on me with Daylight Savings Time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh well... I'm sure you will find a way to get over this great disappointment.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

No Elsewhere, this special day only comes once a year! Armabubblegeddon is just around the corner! I didn't get to look at any wine or crackers. Stupid daylight savings time.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Yeah, me too. I whiled away half the day playing The Sims, the rest cleaning house with my fella. Around dinner time, I looked at the clock and went.....

Oops, almost time for the Simpsons!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, this is a thread about what you did instead of going to the memorial.

Me and my fiance were doing some recording in the studio (aka my livingroom).

• Emma
    Emma

I was at the grocery store. As I glanced out a windowI could see that big, beautiful, full moon. I realized "others" must be at the kh; no guilt, just gratitude.

Emma

• Xena
    Xena

I watched an "R" rated movie

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    I whiled away half the day playing The Sims,

Me Too! I rented the Sims Busting Out. I really like that game. Kinda appropriate too.

• kibizzle
    kibizzle

Hmmm, lets see, I worked 6 days last week, had a meeting at 8am Monday at the school about my kid, met my about to be disfellowshipped sister-in-law for a "lunch" Tuesday (drank our lunch), had to take my son to occupational therapy at 8 am Wed., cleaned the entire house Thursday before work (cleanliness is next to godliness ya know!) Friday had to grocery shop cause my teenage stepdaughter and neice were staying the weekend and there was NO food in the house, had a panic attack in the grocery store, lost my cell phone, the furnace broke and we all froze this weekend, visited my best friend twice this week cuz she had a baby on Tuesday, had to take my son to counselling Fri am at 8.

By sundown last night I was ready for some wine and partook of a half of a large bottle of it... minus the emblem. Tee hee.

• Badger
    Badger

I celebrated the first free memorial...

->changing the panel light fuse in my car

-> Taking a nice long dump (*****)

-> Refereeing four soccer games ($80...my most profitable memorial, too.)

-> Seeing the full moon

-> Telling those nearby that the full moon meant passover.

-> Eating pork chops

-> with wine and crusty leavened bread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit