New Poster Here

by MoeJoJoJo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• think41self
    think41self

Ok Gang,

I already welcomed MoeJo, but now I feel I must speak up in defense of the poor, misunderstood fruitcake!

I tried one of those store bought fruitcakes they sell at Christmas time once, and YEGODS it was awful. But my sister is right, the one that my Mom has a recipe for is "to die for". Now, if you don't like fruit and nuts, I can still understand your aversion. But Dana does make one hell of a fruitcake following that recipe. I am too lazy to spend the time making it, so she has pity on me and usually makes an extra for me. What a sweet sister. Hoping with that plug to get another one this year.

think41self

• Farkel
    Farkel

You ladies aren't talking about REAL fruitcakes, but shabby imitations. REAL fruitcakes are used to build bunkers and bomb-shelters.

Farkel

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Dammit Farkel!! Who you callin' a lady????

Sheesh

Dana

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

One of the Expatbrit family's greatest treasures is a fruitcake made in 1648 by my Puritan 15 times great grandmother Martha Mylordisupstanding Expatbrit. Originally made as a present for her husband Zephaniel Jesusimcoming Expatbrit, it was placed in the family vault upon his untimely demise involving a girdle and an orange.

Every year we test the fruitcake with a skewer. Since the skewer comes out relatively undissolved, we judge it not quite ready to eat.

However I confidently expect my great great grandchildren to enjoy that supreme privilege.

Until then Safe, perhaps a few crumbs to the dogs from the tables of the masters? Please?

Expatbrit

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I love it - you all are too funny with the fruitcake thing. It makes me want to go out and buy one just to try it. Do they sell them this time of year?

"plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." -Veronica A. Shoffstall

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

By the way, in looking back at some of my posts I see alot of me's, my's and I's in them. I have been talking way too much about myself(woops I did it again) Did I say I again? I just can't stop myself!

Seriously, it would be nice to hear more about all of you. Tell us all something about you.

"plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers." -Veronica A. Shoffstall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit