Memorial - What are people actually thinking during it?

by asleif_dufansdottir 22 Replies latest jw friends

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I had posted some of this on another thread, when I thought it might be fun to have a thread of "what is actually going thru people's minds" when they are sitting there at the Memorial...

Here are my contributions:

"I don't care what mom says, I'm never going to this dumb thing again. She could at least let me have my Gameboy if she's going to make me come to these dumb things."

"At least when we go to dad's house next weekend we get to hunt Easter eggs! Going to Sunday School at grandma's church when we stay with dad is so much more fun! I wish mom didn't get so mad. I just won't tell her."

"Whoa...duuuude...this sh*t's alot easier to deal with if you can sneak out to the car to spark some herb. At least it'll keep the ol lady off my case for a while. Wonder what she'd do if I drank that wine? (giggle)"

"I suppose I'd be a better person and husband if I was interested in this stuff. I hope she doesn't get the idea I'm going to start going to all her damned meetings."

"OK, keep reminding yourself, yes this is a pain in the a$$ but it's worth it if it keeps my family talking to me and generally off my back the rest of the year."

"Good grief, why did I let him/her talk me into this? I'm not interested in this religion, I just can't say that to his/her face. I wish s/he'd just leave me alone. I'm not answering the door the next time s/he comes."

"God this is boring, but you do have to go to church somewhere every Easter. Still, I'm not coming back here next time. I didn't realize you weren't supposed to take communion at a JW church! That's screwy."

"Whew. That's over again for another year!"

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"Only 59 minutes to go." ...

"Only 58 minutes to go." ...

"Only 57 minutes to go." ...

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

A few more...

(imagines self in light-sabre dual with Darth Vader)

(imagines self in light-sabre dual as Darth Vader)

(imagines self as Darth Vader coming into hall and attacking speaker)

"Dear Steph, I'm at the memorial. Mom thinks I'm taking notes - as if I'm going to listen to Brother Smith blah, blah, blah. THis is So Boring! What did you think about what Timmy did in class on Friday! Oh My Gosh I thought Mr. Johnson was going to blow a gasket! Ewww gross - that gross Brother Field just sat down next to my sister Rachel! ..."

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

I went once with my in-laws: 2 thoughts ~

#1. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... *yawn* .. (looks around, lost) ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#2. This is a bunch of crap. This is a bunch of crap. This is a bunch of crap. How does anyone sit through this three times a week?

;)

SLM

• wednesday
    wednesday

"please don't let me spill the wine...." "wonder if it would kill the servers to smile?"

"I can't believe she wore that dowdy dress to the memorial, her husband dresses ok, she can't buy one new dress a year?"

"Oh look, there are the xxxxx, here for the memorial. Guess we'll see them next year. They are so lame"

"wonder where the good party is after this is over..." or "Can't wait till this is over, party!!!"

"Wow, can't believe her dress is that short (low, tight, ornate whatever). I bet she gets counseled over that"

"I would have to sit behind the one sis who is wearing a big hat.."

"Every year they tell us why they do not celebrate this on the jewish passover, but i still don't understand"

"I can't believe we got stuck with the late meeting this year, ha next year the other cong gets this dud meeting time"

"i wish someone would partake, it would liven this meeting up a bit"

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"What would happen if I poured some Everclear into the cup when it reaches me?"

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Maybe I should take a sip & then say in a deep, growling voice "It buuuurrrrnnnnnssss!"

• blondie
    blondie

"Oooh, there's Sister Weak, she's made her yearly trek to Mecca. She's put on a few pounds. I wonder if she has forgotten that pantsuits are verboten."

"Oh, and there is Brother BigLaugh. I wonder how many bottoms he'll pinch tonight? He always makes sure he hugs all the pretty sisters."

"There's Sister OlderThanTheHills. She's in a wheelchair now and is deaf as a post. There's the new MS, Brother ReachingOut, trying to talk to her. I bet that last about 60 seconds, 1, 2, 3,, ...."

"I wonder who did the flowers this year. The red roses look a little wilted. I wonder if Sister ThinksSheRunsTheKH got them from a surplus bouquet from the hospital she works at?"

"I always wonder how brothers who never touch a towel to dry the dishes 364 days out of the year, feel so honored to drape a tea towel over their arm."

"Ah, there's Brother TooGoodForYou running to shake hands with people coming in. Too bad they didn't see him last Sunday as he only shook hands with the "movers and shakers" in the congregation. Sister NewWithFiveChildren had to tap his elbow twice to get shown to a seat.'

'There's Brother and Sister BigBucks. Wow, that must be an Armani suit he's wearing, and that looks like a Chanel outfit she has on. I heard they just got back from 4 weeks on the Riveria. I wonder if they made the meetings while they were gone?"

• wednesday
    wednesday

LOL Blondie,

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

"oh there's sister A, i wonder if she would screw around on her husband, she sure looks hot tonight, maybe after the wine !!!!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit