SILENTLAMBS CONVENTION SIGNS!!!

by VeniceIT 28 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

These signs are READY for immediate duplication. (The Bottom one entitled Flyer is in actually dimensions.) It’s 3’x 4’. It was done at ‘Fast Signs’ which is a nationwide chain, (Sign-A-Rama or any other sign company can make these for you). We had ours put on Vinyl foam board so they’re weatherproof. These signs can be read at up to 100 Feet Plus!

If you would like me to email these pics directly to you just let me know.

As you will notice they can easily be made into business cards size for handy dispersal!

• sf
    sf

Bravo Venice and Bill!!! (i think we are past the sir stuff now, sir...hahahaha)

Um, who is holding up the sign above? FRED? Bwahhhhhhhh

sKally

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I do think you have made a good effort. On the other hand perhaps in the interest of reaching more people and lessing the risk of people "shutting down" at the sight of the signs minor changes could be made.

I don't think necessarily that everyone who has been a victim of some sort of physical or sexual abuse or molestation automatically equates the WT with such abuse or fully comprehends at present how their policies may have prevented them from getting the help they needed.

Also most Witnesses will automatically assume you are attacking their stand on blood or implying "spiritual abuse" and miss the point. From their perspective, only opposers make up these "false" claims that abuse even exists.

What you want more than to put the WT in a bad light is for people who have been victims get the help they need.

You might want to approach it from the point of view that "Some who were victims of sexual abuse were mistakenly advised not to get the help they needed to avoid bringing reproach on the organization. The Society now encourages these ones to come forward and seek help if they need or desire such help. Please contact (phone number) or visit www.silentlambs.com for assistance.

I know that is alot more complex than your signs but something along those lines might reach more victims and appear less "apostate". Your phone number, 1-800-WT Abuse might be better listed as all numerics.

Again, these are just alternative suggestions and I'm not suggesting that your signs are incorrect in any way. Just that the primary thing is that you want to see that victims get help, but don't "shut down" out of a fear of "apostate propaganda".

Path

• VeniceIT
  • outnfree
    outnfree

Ummm, Venice?

I REALLY, REALLY hate to be the one to point this out, but the site is

www.silentlambs.org

Yikes!

Also, I have to agree with Pathofthorns. Although there are many here who would like nothing better than to see the Watchtower toppled, I don't think that is necessarily the goal of silentlambs' campaign. Rather, the goal is to assist victims to get relief by having WT policy changed as to how pedophiles are dealt with internally as well as reporting accusations of abuse to the local civil authorities for investigation.

I feel that part of the success of my recent DC campaign was due to the fact that my flyers and moving billboard (van) were perceived as having a message about something that was meant to be helpful to Jehovah's people. I fear the opposite effect might result from the types of signs you are proposing.

I disagree with Path on the matter of writing out the hotline number numerically. I don't think in and of itself 1-877-WTABUSE "says" anything bad. Some may even have been fooled into thinking it was an approved Watch Tower hotline. But highlighting the "ABUSE" part of the number in red may be unnecessarily inflammatory.

The hardest part of participating in this advertising campaign of silentlambs will be for us to keep our passions and personal frustrations in check as we (who have come to know and LOVE freedom of expression!) seek to aid the little ones who are depending on us and their families to be able to get the justice and help they deserve.

I'm VERY proud of your efforts!

Love,
    outnfree

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I think your efforts are awesome!!!!!!!! Great job and initative!!!

I agree with outnfree though.

Slipnslidemaster: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

• Kent
    Kent

Nice Job, Ven!

I'd like to see lots of signs like these around the conventions:)

Me thinks the Witchpower guys will be pissed off!

Tell me Ven, do you have the designs in a vector format? If anyone wants to get these signs made, a Vector format will ensure good quality!

Yakki Da

Kent
    Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• JanH
    JanH

Ven,

Great job!

out,

You scared me for a minute there! But http://www.silentlambs.com/ works fine, too

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• Englishman
    Englishman

Attagirl, Venice,

Its easy to print these off, mount them on a firm surface and cover in clear plastic to keep them weathertight.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Apologies, Venice!

Thank you, JanH.

I guess I scared me, too! So glad that BOTH .com & .org lead to silentlambs'.

outnfree

P.S. Two poster boards (18"x24") with an approved silentlambs ad, laminated in plastic at Kinko's costs approximately $13.00 U.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit